Game play in the next few weeks

Kev

Hired Goon
I mentioned this in my usual "Next turn play" thread, but I thought I'd try to make this general discussion due to upcoming events.

We will be having elections/volunteering as June hits, so I'm trying to tweak my game play to end a turn at the end of the month. I think that I'll try to play once on Monday or Tuesday and then again on Friday/Saturday. I'll just make them smaller batches of turns, but it will guarantee that I'll have a writeup on the 1st or 2nd of June.

Further, I'll be on a cruise from June 2nd to June 9th and I'll be unable to play during that time.

I'd love to finish out the game - I've kinda gotten attached to it and I think that we'll be able to finish well before June is out. For this reason, I hope you'll allow me to volunteer when the time comes to be president for a third (and likely final) term.

That being said, I don't know if you all want to wait an entire week before another turn is played. I can play some turns and do the write up so you can read it on the 2nd - it'll be up to all of you as to where to go from there. I can see a few choices:

1. Have discussions from the 2nd to the 9th and then I'll just catch up and play on the 9th when I return.

2. Have someone play some turns during the middle of that week as a substitue and then I can take back over when I return.

3. Have someone else jump in for the final month to be president for the whole time and I'll just take up a different postion and perform those duties when I return.

I'll be happy to abide by what the majority wishes to do.

You make a great president and I have no objections whatsoever to re-elect you! :) During your week of absence I´d like someone else to play a batch of turns or two, it would be unfortunate having to do nothing for all that time.

This is probably a good time to announce my leave for the next term. I will be going abroad (to the US) on june 8 and will most likely not have access to the game until I return in the beginning of august. I will have some internet access and can probably participate in the discussions now and then, but I will not be able to continue as governor.

The first week in June shall be known as world cup week, as England could have qualified or already be out by Wednesday...So we could pospone the game for a week to watch the World cup qualifiers...

Option 2 though, is probably the best and I think it should be Duke of York who becomes president for a week, as long as he wants to.

Aarggh! Once again I am proposed as president (albeit temporary this time) and cannot play. :(
I've only got PS Civ 2 working at the moment and can't repair my PC in the foreseeable future so won't be able to take over even for a week. I doubt that the World Cup games will make an enormous impact on this game though Dell - especially as the games are on so early in Europe. :( We could have a week break if people want it though or just discuss the upcoming turns and let Kev play a lot more on his return.

Spice: Man, we are going to miss your governorship! Where in the States will you be going? Hey, if you're in the NYC area, feel free to stop on by!

duke: Gotta get that PC fixed! Ah, well, if someone would like to jump in over the week of June 2nd, please feel free. I'll post a game on that Saturday night and try to check in from the ship maybe once or twice.

Thanks for the offer Kev, that would sure be fun. I will spend most of the time in Notre Dame (Indiana), so unfortunately I will probably not be able to make it to NY. But one never knows. :)

Kev, you're doing a great job and I would love to see you continue as Pres upon your return.

I'd hate to see a week break and have people lose interest in the game, so I would support anyone who volunteered to step in and play a few turns that week. I am even busier than usual, so no way I can :( If no one is able, I think we can handle a one week break.

I also will be gone, from June 15-25 (Disneyland :D ). Sure hope I don't miss the end of the game :(

I wouldn't worry about missing the end of the game Leo as we haven't even begun to build spaceship parts yet and have still got civilizations to wipe out. :D I reckon it may be done about July-August time to be honest so if you're going away in June then Mickey won't make you miss too much. I thought you were a bit old for that sort of thing though. ;)

I'm actually thinking that we may indeed be able to finish by the end of June. It's possible if I can get enough turns in. We are really starting to gain some momentum - and as we increase our howitzer numbers they will create an unstoppable force.

Starting lots and lots of cities on a wonder and then switching to structurals, components and modules can give us a quick start on a ship.

Oops, I used the "hyphen" to interrupt my sentence.

Shouldn't do that, eh frenchie duke?

Mais non! Il faut pas faire de telles choses! Il est inestimablement impoli à se conduire comme ça! ;)

Seriously, I am not as confident as you of making such an early finish if we choose to make the max size SS. Oops - maybe I shoulod post a poll about that when we get Space Flight. We can still win either way as I doubt that the other civs will provide too much resistance to our mass-produced armies and so we may want to review our SS decision of last time. I am still keen on building a big rocket! ;)
We can of course just build caravans to add to the space project rather than building wonders. That strikes me as being the best way to deal with this.

Sorry, the frech is lost on me :crazyeye: I was just enjoying your recent repartee with Mayhem.

I am probably being rather optimistic. I just did an OCC version of the recent GOTM in Civ2 and zipped through my skeleton-like space ship. Guess it helps when your city is producing 84 shields.

I, too, would like to make the largest of space ships with maximum colonists. Have to make sure that we get enough to Alpha Centauri.

Top Bottom