Get off my station

Sal

Warlord
So I know most people are not trading with station but...

If you are, and someone else starts attacking it, how do you demand they stop (as you could for city states)? I have looked through the whole diplomacy menu but can only find denunciation. However since they don't know what they are being denounced for that won't help.

That's a good question. Station trade routes can be awesome (10 culture/turn per route!) and I hate having an AI attacking it.

That's a good question. Station trade routes can be awesome (10 culture/turn per route!) and I hate having an AI attacking it.

They'd be much better if you could send multiple routes to a given station, but sadly we are restricted to one per civ per station.

The only way I've found to prevent an AI from killing a station you'd like to keep alive is to block the tiles around it with your own units. Well, that or go to war with the AI. There doesn't seem to be a diplomatic option for the humans but the AI can ask you to stop attacking 'their' stations.

Diplomacy has a lot of problems right now, hopefully they will fix some of them in the near future.

Seems weird you can ask them to stop attacking aliens, but not stations.

Also the bug where you kill a station once and everyone complains about it all game is really annoying.

I hate that bug... I don't get why stations get such a bad rapt, with the virtue in the industry tree you can get 18 extra energy per route plus whatever they are giving you anyway

I think the answer lies in the virtue that gives you 6 energy per station tier. Imagine sending like 10 trade routes to 3 Tier 3 stations. 3x6=18x10=180x3=540 energy per turn just from trade routes. That is way too OP.

If I have stations close to me, and I go Industry, I always go to war with anyone who wants to attack them. This 18 energy pays for quite a few units, and losing it, along with all other bonuses is not very pleasant.

If not... well, they can bite the dust for all I care :D

I got a quest to kill a station to get +50% from another station. Something about they had overlapping trade efforts. If AI can complain to us we should be able to complain to them.

I would be perfectly ok with any AI or Player getting a penalty for destroying a station. Everyone gets a quest to do so: it is a matter of choice whether you wanna do it or not. Makes sense to be equal for everyone. I am perfectly ok if only the player takes a penalty on higher difficulties, and not the AI, as odds ARE supposed to be stacked against you.

My personal workaround is to keep units around a station I have a quest for: still trade with it, but sooner or later, an AI will go for it. If they do so, I just play along: I finish my quest and still get all the stuff I could have from them.

Seems weird you can ask them to stop attacking aliens, but not stations.

Also the bug where you kill a station once and everyone complains about it all game is really annoying.

Ah, so that's a bug? I couldn't understand why 2 civs were moaning about me destroying a station when I had been the one trading with it for the entire duration of it's existence.

N

They'd be much better if you could send multiple routes to a given station, but sadly we are restricted to one per civ per station.

The only way I've found to prevent an AI from killing a station you'd like to keep alive is to block the tiles around it with your own units. Well, that or go to war with the AI. There doesn't seem to be a diplomatic option for the humans but the AI can ask you to stop attacking 'their' stations.

Diplomacy has a lot of problems right now, hopefully they will fix some of them in the near future.

Yeah, I've found that blocking tiles is the only option that works - until mid-game ish, if an AI can't get more than 2 units attacking/turn, they won't be able to take it (usually). Sitting on plains and forcing them to take to the hills helps here.

N

Top Bottom