GOTM results higher than HOF!

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
Check the results of the second GOTM and the Hall of Fame. The top 3 of that GOTM have a higher score than the highest result in the HOF. I'm not trying to brag with "my" Game of the Month, but doesn't this take away the power of the Hall of Fame?

Are people allowed to send a GOTM result for the HOF as well? Or should we perhaps arrange this internal?

By the way, I remade the Hall of Fame file for within the game with all the results of the HOF (even though no one seemed to be interested in the GOTM version of that). Just replace the file HighScores.cv3 with one of those. With other words: you can have all the results known to CFC in your Hall of Fame. All you have to do is add your own results to it (if that matters). It's just a text file which can be edited. I haven't even finished one HOF game.

Originally posted by Matrix
Check the results of the second GOTM and the Hall of Fame. The top 3 of that GOTM have a higher score than the highest result in the HOF. I'm not trying to brag with "my" Game of the Month, but doesn't this take away the power of the Hall of Fame?

Are people allowed to send a GOTM result for the HOF as well? Or should we perhaps arrange this internal?

By the way, I remade the Hall of Fame file for within the game with all the results of the HOF (even though no one seemed to be interested in the GOTM version of that). Just replace the file HighScores.cv3 with one of those. With other words: you can have all the results known to CFC in your Hall of Fame. All you have to do is add your own results to it (if that matters). It's just a text file which can be edited. I haven't even finished one HOF game.
Acording to some of the rules ......NO

the one rule Im looking at is
Only play on random maps. Games played on pre-made maps or world maps will not be accepted.

GOTM maps are random maps, and no one who starts the GOTM knows the map (if all is well ;)).

Originally posted by Matrix
GOTM maps are random maps, and no one who starts the GOTM knows the map (if all is well ;)).
Yea but its the same map that everbody else has and it kind of is Pre-Made
I guess that would depends on your definition of a Pre-Made map ;)

Well, GOTM2 had domination disabled, with led to the higher scores. According to the HOF rules, those games shouldn't be included. Also, the first GOTM was on a small map, which wouldn't qualify either. The other GOTM's that have been played should be acceptable, as they stayed within the HOF rule boundaries.

Look for at least a couple very high HOF scores in the next update. I know of 2 30k+ games that have been submitted already (HOF Power Plays thread). Unless there is a GOTM on a Huge map, eventually it will be a moot point whether the GOTM scores are included in the HOF or not.

I certainly goes to show that there are games out there worthty of being on the HOF, but people just don't know about it or don't submit them. When there are slots left in the HOF for a cerain level, I get quite a few games for it, but once the slotsfill up people seem to think the HF is only something to look at.

As long as the games fall within all of the standard HOF rules as far as map size and number of AI players and victory condidtions and such, I don't have a problem with them being submitted in the HOF. The indivduals with the high scores can just send them in with all the needed saves and info.

Unfortunately the HOF is rather static. Most people submit a game, make it on the list and then stop trying. Whereas the GOTM is new every month. Plus in the HOF you are not really playing 'against' anyone directly, so the competition factor isn't as strong for the GOTM.

I could even create a section just for the top 10 GOTM games...? :)

I was surprised to see that my highest score would make the HoF, at least it would until it gets updated. I can't submit it because I don't have the proper saves.

Anyway, I reloaded lots of times that game.

If I had played a game and I noticed I would come in the Hall of Fame, I'd submit. But I don't think I'll ever come in the HOF. :( But that's also because I've got enough fun with playing the GOTM. :D

Anyway, I'll keep up the best GOTM games myself, DoM. ;) That's also where I made that in-game HOF file for. But when Matrix's got an idea:
"This has been downloaded 0 time(s)."
Ah, well... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom