[BTS] GOTM save file crash

opheth

Chieftain
Hello,

I know I am a little late to hop on the train... But I'd love to play the GOTM of Civ4 to spice up my CIV-4-Gameplay by talking to others (have been playing for some years now, but only alone). So after some problems with downloading the HOF-mod BUFFY finally everything worked out.. except loading the actual GOTM save-file I downloaded. When I do that, I very shortly can see 2 windows popping up in the middle and to the top right of the screen, but before I can read them, the game just crashes. Contrary to all problems before, I did not by googling or browsing this forum find an appropriate solution nor anyone else with the same problem. Most other crash problems in civ4 or at least the ones I found started earlier then at loading a save-file.

I am not even sure this is the right subforum for this request, sorry about that, as it can be a problem either with my Civ4-version or with the BUFFY-mod or whatever. But any advide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Solved, reinstall fixed it... So i dont know, what exactly was wrong before. Thx for replies :)

Last edited:
It depends upon what version of Civ4 you are using. The disk or STEAM?

@lymond may be able to assist you with your issue.

Yep...need more information. Generally when one is unable to load a save (with Lock Modified Assets on), the problem is with the assets. If you are running Steam, then this is a known issue. There are a couple of assets that are different. Plus, you need to be on the "unsupported Steam Beta" of BTS. I'm going to assume that you are playing a BTS GOTM, and a recent one, but if not please let me know.

Last edited:
Hey,

thanks for replies.

I am using the Steamversion, which is updated to 3.19, of course.
In the meantime, I found this thread https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ensure-that-the-assets-in-your-mod-fo.333427/ which is slightly old but talks about the exact error message I get and the result, CTD. However, that problem seemed to be about multiplayergames. Anyways, I tried the proposed, deleted the doubled Buffymod und only had one in the programm(x86)-folders, still encountered the same problem. I'll try deinstalling everything next, and reinstall.
Oh, and using the unsupported beta I already tried as well. Didn't work either.
Yes, it were recent ones (179 and 180) I downloaded and tried to play.
About that asset checking, do you mean running the asset checking .exe available on the Buffysite?
BTW starting games with locked assets works and are shown as HOF-eligible, if that information is important.

Top Bottom