1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GROWing a new Demogame

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Immortal

Immortal Deity

I want new members to have a chance to make real, tangible, and even wrong decisions in the forum game. I could honestly care less whether we win or lose, whether every decision made is the "right" one. As long as new members get some satisfaction, and old players have some enjoyment out of it.

2. Immortal

Immortal Deity

I just noticed this so I didn't bother quoting it, but Sarevok, you define playing the save file as a minor offense? I cant understand why, I think it is as easily as serious as clearly defying the will of the people, as you site this Donsig incident as.

3. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

its minor to me, as it is usually done by newbies who dont know the rules yet (I admit, I was one of these newbies :mischief: ). Therefore they most likely only need a reminder that what they are doing is not a good idea. However, if a person plays ahead with the intent of either finding out secret info or whatever, they should be dealt with. Still, I do not beleive that crime is in the same category as the major ones.

4. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Every Official will have their detractors, what a system like this invites is after every turn chat a poll saying "Do you still want this official in office?"

I think back to Term 1 DG1 when Grey Fox decided not to give into the demands of the Babylonians for a Map thus starting the Domino war. One citizen, started a personal vendetta against Grey Fox because he saw this as an Authoritarian Power grab (despite the fact forums showed the public was for never giving into demands of any kind). If a situation like that occured that citizen would then call for a "recall vote" after every turn chat... thus bogging down meaningful discussion, and I feel pushing some citizens away seeing the forums being flooded with relatively meaningless votes.

I'm sorry there must be a basis for such votes, which is why it's built into the PI system, the PI's of DG1 went relatively quick, except for a few exceptions. One PI which was filed against me DG2 lasted only around 2 days, because the accusations were pretty much groundless.

I can also see with your system a potential disolvement of the Terms, as each Turnchat could change the Government Structure, this would encourage chaos.

Granted, these may be extreme cases, but such a system opens up the posibility for them, and at least the point of a recall vote every turn chat only would take 1 angry citizen. If such a system was in place DG1 Term 1 I have little doubt the person who launched the Vendetta against Grey Fox would have done just that.

5. Epimethius

Epimethius Wish I Hadn't Been Here

Then do this: if you have a problem with the official, you file a complaint with the chief justice. Once he gets three (or something like that) complaints, he starts a poll. Deputies cannot call for their leader's recall.