Has anyone not been DoW'd by the first civ they meet?

happened in most games. Except for Gandhi once. Usually the first civ i meet declares war on me before i do. At least a denouncement. America declared war by surprice last game. It was very Obvious as his units were parked around my borders for at least 15 turns.

I had a weirder situation in some of my games. Sometimes I would meet a couple of new civs early on, and they would declare FORMAL war against me at the same time. Relations don't matter, it seems, because in my last game I kickstarted with positive agenda modifiers with Rome and Russia, and yet they both DOWed me.....across the Large Island Plates map, without any navy to reach me.

Now, I can somewhat understand them DOWing me while warmonger penalties are low, but how the heck are they declaring formal war against me in the Classical era???

I had a weirder situation in some of my games. Sometimes I would meet a couple of new civs early on, and they would declare FORMAL war against me at the same time. Relations don't matter, it seems, because in my last game I kickstarted with positive agenda modifiers with Rome and Russia, and yet they both DOWed me.....across the Large Island Plates map, without any navy to reach me.

Now, I can somewhat understand them DOWing me while warmonger penalties are low, but how the heck are they declaring formal war against me in the Classical era???

When this happens it usually means they are declaring joint war. If so you will see two leaders back to back declaring "formal" war on you.

I'm not sure though if the warmonger penalties they get are that of formal war really or it's just a bug with the text that shows up.

I'm pretty sure I heard that word many times before somewhere...:shifty:

"Buffled" is a perfect combination of "baffled" and "buffeted" (by the 10% who keep posting how displeased they are with changes in Civ6.)

I'm pretty sure... I didn't just pull it out my arse... right? Right?! :shifty:

I prefer to think of it having sprung fully-formed from your head (that big lump on your shoulders where the nonsense comes from.)

Top Bottom