Help Files and/or manual?

General_Jah

Warlord
Is there some sort of documentation on how the game mechanics work for this mod? I've started up a new game and it is way different that vanilla which is a great thing but it is very confusing trying to figure out how the game mechanics work.

For example, I asked my first colonist for 'recruitment' I guess it is and far as I can tell nothing has happened. I cannot seem to figure out how to get new colonists much less trade goods with the natives.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I understand your confusion. We have done a lot of change and as I am the only one in the team to write english documentation. I have to choose each time between writing new DoaNE features or documentation.
For recruitment, it is not complicated. You just have to to click in Europe for the specific unit you would like to recruit.
Each unit has a "recruitment probability" and a price. They both depend on the unit speciality, for instance, statesmen are harder to recruit than fishermen, and also of your nation management, if you a lot of gold and food, if you are good in religion...
You will be to see that the recruitment probability of fishermen is 26%. That means each turn you will have 26% of chance to have a fisherman offer.
Once you have an offer, it is up to you to deal with him about his price.

For native, you should go with a transport unit with goods that Natives wish (Tools, trade goods, horses, ..) They will propose you an interesting trade.
For example, 7 trade goods vs 22 tobaccos.
Then you will earn money, once you will sell those New World goods in Europe.

Once you have enough money, you should plants new world resources around your colony in order to make more benefits.

Thanks and I understand the documentation has to be difficult to keep up with. One things I find confusing is I will use the points needed to try and recruit just a generic colonist and it will be in the ask column for a few turns then disappear. I have as of yet not been able to recruit 1 unit so still a bit confused. Does it take a few turns to play out? why are they disappearing without any notification on if you failed or succeeded?

thanks!

There is two ways to recruit immigrants.
First, the classic way. You select severals immigrants on the immigration panel (on the right). For instance, you select a carpenter and a fisherman.
You pass the turn, nothing happen, then you pass another turn and one fisherman appears in the central panel.
If you don't interact with him for 2-3 turns he will leave, but you can click on it and popup will appear, saying that the immigrants would like to join the new world if you pay X golds. (you can negotiate the price, but it could leave). Once you agreed for a price, he will automatically come into the dock ( the left panel ).
If he stays too long in your dock, he will leave after 4-5 turns. So you have to hurry to send him in the new world.

Every turn, you will accumulate immigration points, you can use those points at anytime. If you want to have a statesman (around 40 points), you click on the statesman in the right panel then click on the parchment (on the top right of the unit)
A popup will be displayed an you will be able to use your point to have immediately a statesman offer in the center panel. Be sure to have enough money to buy him.

This second way is to allow players that has bad luck to get one kind of units like Preachers, to have the possibility to get directly one unit.

Top Bottom