Help - Increase Civ Gold Usage

I'm hoping one of you guys can point me to a solution to a problem I have where the top enemy civs in my current game aren't spending their money, even in total war situations. They're sitting on piles of cash and won't spend them as much as they should.

I probably brought this on myself (at least partially) by disabling city-states - I feel the player just has too much of an efficiency advantage vis a vis city state management, plus my civ (Songhai) is a monster early w/regard to being able to ally with civs.

I've noticed a few of the other civs took a couple patronage policies, despite no City States in the game. They can't tell there aren't any, evidently.

Can I get some suggestions? Or an "nope, it's impossible" if that's the way it is. <shrug>

(I'm a programmer, can splash around in Lua but for me it's risky, prefer some simple XML "strategy for this civ" edit. dude - give me the code base, I could fix anything. Scripting, sorta weak.)

Edit: noticed I did leave the diplo victory condition enabled, that was also an error in hindsight. Can I disable it with a currently running game via the save file or some such?

Used MouseyPounds' "Options" Tuner add-on to remove the diplo victory option, all that's left now is domination. (Thanks, Mouse dude!)

Would still like a bit more focused modification of the AI's gold strategy (perhaps on a per-leader basis), but let's play this simple change a few turns and see what happens...

Top Bottom