Help needed - prevent diagonal water moves

Tomcat1962

Chieftain
[X] already used the search function ;)

Can someone point me out where/how i can prevent, that water units cross landbridges, e.g. diagonal adjacent 1-plot land tiles?

thx and regards in advance

It probably has to be done in the SDK... I guess it wouldn't be that hard, to just check that the unit paths are strict compass directions. I can add it as a option in the AND settings if you want, for the next patch.

First, thx for your answer, even it was't what i expected (or better, even what i meanwhile feared -> that it probably would be a SDK-thingie that would be above my abilities to change by myself.)

Mhhh, but what me confuses is, that it seems to me, that this behaviour was changed from 1.72 to 1.73.

(To put it right, i don't blame you or anyone on this. If it was changed there was maybe a good reason for doing it or because of a request. It just doesn't fit my personal likings and makes the strategical use/placement of Forts lesser challenging as it could be).

regards

As far as I know, ships could always move in all 8 directions. I don't think I ever changed it.

As far as I know, ships could always move in all 8 directions. I don't think I ever changed it.

Just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding and we talking 'bout the same thing:

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 232
Hmm okay. I see. If I recall... it got changed in one of the Better AI changes... I'm pretty sure it got reverted back... but I'm not positive. Anyway, I can see what I can do. ;)

Is it not supposed to let you move like that?

Just let me repeat myself:

(...)
(To put it right, i don't blame you or anyone on this. If it was changed there was maybe a good reason for doing it or because of a request. It just doesn't fit my personal likings and makes the strategical use/placement of Forts lesser challenging as it could be).
(...)

;)

Top Bottom