Help With New Civ

DonutApocalypse

Chieftain
I'm new to the forums and to modding so I hope I put this in the right place.
Anyway, I'm working on a new civilization mod for Civ5 and when I try to build and/or debug it I always get this error:

------ Build started: Project: StrWrsMd, Configuration: Default x86 ------
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\Civ5Mod.targets(129,9): error MSB4018: The "PackageMod" task failed unexpectedly.
SevenZip.SevenZipException: The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp.
Please report about it to http://sevenzipsharp.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx, post the release number and attach the archive.
at SevenZip.SevenZipBase.ThrowException(SevenZipBase handler, Exception[] e)
at SevenZip.SevenZipBase.CheckedExecute(Int32 hresult, String message, SevenZipBase handler)
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressFilesEncrypted(Stream archiveStream, Int32 commonRootLength, String password, String[] fileFullNames)
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressFilesEncrypted(String archiveName, Int32 commonRootLength, String password, String[] fileFullNames)
at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressFiles(String archiveName, String[] fileFullNames)
at Firaxis.ModBuddy.Civ5ModBuildTasks.PackageMod.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext()
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have already been to the http://sevenzipsharp.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx link and see a lot of people have similar problems but no real solution has been posted.

I ran the debug before I tried to build it and it was fine, saying it was successful. There are no other errors or warnings in my document, and I've checked all my code. Can someone please help me?

This one crops up every now and again, and I don't think we've every got a sensible answer as to why it does it.

Sometimes all you have to do is ... Clean the project (Build Menu, Clean Solution), exit ModBuddy, restart ModBuddy and then Build the project.

Sometimes you've added so many .dds and sound files that the mod is too big and you have to either compress the files (typically by removing unneeded icons - eg reducing from an 8x8 sheet to a 2x2 sheet) or split the mod in two, by placing the media files in a separate mod and making one depend on the other.

Sometimes ModBuddy has gone crazy and managed to created very deeply nested sub-directories, eg Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/ Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/ Art/Art/Art/Art/MyFile.dds, if it's done that the best bet is to delete those folders and recreate them

And sometimes it's just because it's 10 to 6 on a Thursday!

This one crops up every now and again, and I don't think we've every got a sensible answer as to why it does it.

Sometimes all you have to do is ... Clean the project (Build Menu, Clean Solution), exit ModBuddy, restart ModBuddy and then Build the project.

Sometimes you've added so many .dds and sound files that the mod is too big and you have to either compress the files (typically by removing unneeded icons - eg reducing from an 8x8 sheet to a 2x2 sheet) or split the mod in two, by placing the media files in a separate mod and making one depend on the other.

Sometimes ModBuddy has gone crazy and managed to created very deeply nested sub-directories, eg Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/ Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/Art/ Art/Art/Art/Art/MyFile.dds, if it's done that the best bet is to delete those folders and recreate them

And sometimes it's just because it's 10 to 6 on a Thursday!

Dude thanks! I was beginning to think I was making just another unfixable mod and was way beyond my own abilities. I may be able to push this mod through yet! Again, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom