High Score at the end

whatever_du

Chieftain
It's Obvious for me (Maybe I'm wrong) that the best way to get a Major score at the end of the game is the conquest Victory.
I had a 7300 or something like that victory by conquest at warlord
The game I just ended was a Regent Score victory in 2050 for 2700 or something points
I wonder what' the highest scores you Guys(and girls... Am I dreaming?? :p) could have got ... and wich difficulty level
The highest ''HIstorical Rating'' I got was (Again for that regent 2700 something) was ''Du the Great''... what are the 2 or 3 ( I suppose there are 3) level higher then that ?!?!? !

Sorry for the english, but I tried :p i'd like to see you writting french :p

Bonjour, monsieur! Pensez-vous que je ne parle pas francais?

Okay, it's been a while since I used my french, so that was supposed to be "Do you think I can't speak french?" (Of course I probably answered my question with a resounding no.

Anyway, maximum score is highly relative to map size, I think. On tiny maps, conquest and the early win bonus is the best way to go. On huge maps, properly milking them to the end will always result in higher scores. On maps in between, I'm not sure...

that was a perfect french ! :p
But I didn't read you about a score ?!?!? Is 7000 good .. ?!? should I get 25 000 ?!??
I'M always playing on a warm wet 4 billion standard map !
I just started to play (The last 2 games) a random civ ... (Quiting the persian on civ3 and the ottomans on c3q)

But i'd like to get an idea of the scores here ?!?!? !

And I didn't meant you to write french, I was only excusing my english so nobody thinks that I'm a stupid Civ user who can't even write correctly .... english is my second language ! that's all ! :)

Originally posted by whatever_du
that was a perfect french ! :p
Merci!

But i'd like to get an idea of the scores here ?!?!? !
The definition of a "good" score is very relative. I guess the only real thing I can say is to look at the actual Hall of Fame itself. Other than that, I'd say you need to get away from Standard sized maps. Conquest/early win bonuses are much easier and bigger on Tiny maps. Milking victories (territory and population) get better scores on Huge maps since there's more land.

And I didn't meant you to write french, I was only excusing my english so nobody thinks that I'm a stupid Civ user who can't even write correctly .... english is my second language ! that's all ! :)
I wrote in French to make sure I still could, even just a little. In regards to your english, don't worry. These boards aren't all English speakers. While there's a lot of us from the States, this really is an international environment.

there are not very many games listed under the standard size map category. milking a game on a huge map gets a 'better' score only when you bring up that category on the hof page. if you like playing standard maps, keep on doing that and be the best you can under that category. i would eventually like to submit a game under every game condition and under every map size, but that may end up taking me all the way to 2010;)

Top Bottom