[NFP] How Can I Remove Man at Arms and Line Infantry?

MightyJannissary

Chieftain
I don't like them, is it possible to remove them from the game? Or is there a mod that already does that? Trebuchet is staying :)

You should be able to remove the entries from the database using either XML or SQL.

You should be able to remove the entries from the database using either XML or SQL.
For that to work I should adjust all upgrade paths and replacements too right? I guess I'll try editing XMLs, but seems like I'm putting myself under a lot of effort :)

I removed them through sql, just as I suspected all upgrades and replacements should be adjusted too, now swordsman doesn't upgrade into anything. Thanks for reminding me sql was an option, xml takes longer.

Theres an easy way to remove the units by deleting them. Write this in your Database Script.
Code:
<Units>
              <Delete UnitType="UNIT_MAN_AT_ARMS"/>
              <Delete UnitType="UNIT_LINE_INFANTRY"/>
</Units>

Theres an easy way to remove the units by deleting them. Write this in your Database Script.
Code:
<Units>
              <Delete UnitType="UNIT_MAN_AT_ARMS"/>
              <Delete UnitType="UNIT_LINE_INFANTRY"/>
</Units>

it is definitely not that easy. You would end up with a broken upgrade path, for example. Swordsmen do not automatically change to upgrading into Musketmen instead just because you deleted MAA. There are possibly some other points of interaction warranting a separate look. To make sure, one first has to go through all the game files and note all instances where those units are mentioned, then decided one by one if they're taken care of by the general delete statement you described or if they require further adjustments.

Top Bottom