how easy is it to mod little things?

cman2010

King
I remember it being really easy in civ 3 to mod little things like how much money you got from a trade post or unit stats.

I would say that if you give yourself an hour or so to familiarize yourself with how to update XMLs in ModBuddy, it is a piece of cake.

where do i get modbuddy

thanks for the help with modding.

No problem. It can be a bit much to digest while getting used to the system, but trust me when I say that after clearing that initial hurdle, it becomes pretty intuitive.

it becomes pretty intuitive.

...at least it'll be intuitive as long as you stick with these little XML tweaks. The moment you cross the boundary into Lua modification, that's when it gets messy. (If you don't have serious programming experience, then I'd stay away from that one.)

But yes, the XML editing is easy. I'd HIGHLY recommend reading through Kael's modding guide, linked in the Reference section of this board, to understand the basics. (And keep the PDF file of it around; it'll come in handy when you get to things like icon atlas editing.) And there's a lot you can do with it, as long as you're not trying to add entirely new game mechanisms.

Top Bottom