How many teams?

How many teams?

• Total voters
Not sure I like the dual civ set up but I think four teams would be best either way.

I'm voting for four teams. Seems like it has the most potential to be balanced.

I agree with donsig that I'm not that enthusiastic about the dual civ thing... I also agree with L.Parkin that an even number of teams has a better potential for balance.

Finally, I agree with DaveShack that 6 teams would be better thatn 4. Really, 8 teams would be better than 6, and 10 would be better than 8... but we don't currently even have 4 teams, let alone 5,6,8... whatever.

As far as the 4th team goes... I am pretty confident that Indiansmoke could form a 4th team... But we still have not conclusively decided on the closed team issue that was raised... Maybe some are waiting for that issue to be decided before putting up a team page?

As far as making more than 4 teams... It is starting to seem that maybe we wont be able to do that until we have a full sign up thread.

Maybe a sign up thread like before with Team 1, Team 2 etc., but also with Team Sirius etc., so that people signing up have a choice between joining a team with pre-defined rules/philosophy/captain etc., and joining a team where they have more of an opportunity to start from scratch.

As far as the 4th team goes... I am pretty confident that Indiansmoke could form a 4th team... But we still have not conclusively decided on the closed team issue that was raised... Maybe some are waiting for that issue to be decided before putting up a team page?

I don't think I can handle long posting, arguments and polls again so I will skip this one.

Maybe I will register with a team to lurk and offer occasional comment.

I found my way through the Civfanatics homepage announcement of a Democracy Game. I was interested, clicked the link and was directed to the forum where I saw the sign up thread. At the time the teams were not named... they were just Team 1, 2, 3 etc... I was the very first person to sign up for Team 1, which later became Team Kazakhstan.

@ Smoke - Yea I can see what you mean... I like long posting and polls myself (as you know) but since I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how you would want your team to run, and what your fears/pet peeves are, I don't know if you can accomplish your goals on an open-to-the-public team. I think it is a shame that folks are unwilling to consider a closed/by invitation only team. I think it would add a very interesting element to the game... Oh well. Your lurking/occasional advice would be greatly appreciated... by me at least... on any team I am on.

^ Bureaucracy. Ever expanding to meet the expanding bureaucracy.
Bureaucracy is the collective organizational structure, procedures, protocols, and set of regulations in place to manage activity, usually in large organizations and government. As opposed to adhocracy, it is represented by standardized procedure (rule-following) that guides the execution of most or all processes within the body; formal division of powers; hierarchy; and relationships, intended to anticipate needs and improve efficiency.

It seems like we have a pretty clear winner with 4 teams. I suggest we call the poll a victory soon if nothing changes and move on to the next stage: finding a fourth team (any volunteer to start a thread?), and discussing the game options more in-depth.

I like 5 teams - but I think the double team idea will make game play overly complex without adding much enjoyment to game play.

Top Bottom