[Vanilla] How to add custom 2D artwork to a new Civ

Sennnah

Chieftain
Hello all, I'm new to Civ and very new to modding in general so I'm having a bit of trouble. For reference I am using VSCODE and MC's Civ template which he generously shared.

Since I have the game on epic games, I do not have access to ModBuddy or the asset editor. I've tried looking around for solutions but they all end up using ModBuddy to implement the artwork. Is there a way for a newbie like me to implement 2D art for my Civ? Or am I just wasting my time trying to mod without the SDK?

Thank you all in advance.

Hi, I started my Portugal Mod without modbuddy, it's possible. For the Art you have to make .DDS file images, in specific format B8G8R8A8, which is always the first step in modbuddy or without modbuddy. The difference is that without modbuddy you only need DDS files for that sake. You can use paint.net for that.

Hi, I started my Portugal Mod without modbuddy, it's possible. For the Art you have to make .DDS file images, in specific format B8G8R8A8, which is always the first step in modbuddy or without modbuddy. The difference is that without modbuddy you only need DDS files for that sake. You can use paint.net for that.
Hey, thank you for help. I will try and do this step later today. This modding stuff is a bit hard for a complete beginner like me but hopefully I am able to do it without much trouble. Thanks again :)

Top Bottom