How to add Projects in World Builder?

scrabbarista

Chieftain
I'm working on a massive WWIII scenario, and the WB doesn't have a way to add world projects, as far as I can tell. This is a huge issue, because there are tons of relevant projects in the late-game stage.

What can I do?!

You need to edit ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml to add projects. You can't do that (at least not easily) for a specific scenario.

H
You need to edit ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml to add projects. You can't do that (at least not easily) for a specific scenario.

Hmm. I can't test it now, because no time, but wouldn't one just add them via XML in the desired city(/ies), along with the the other buildings, religions, etc.? Seems like that would definitely work and be quite simple... Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the general direction. I'm still learning as I go.

Edit: Tried it. Maybe not. Still working on finding a solution.

Last edited:
Maybe I misunderstood your question.
Are you trying to:
1) add existing world projects as completed to specific players in your scenario; or
2) add new world projects that don't exist in the mod to your scenario?

I thought you were trying to do 2.

I don't know if there is a way to do this via WorldBuilder, but you can open the CivBeyondSwordWBSave file using a text editor (like Notepad++) and add projects to teams there.
For example, to add The Internet you need to add the line
Code:
    ProjectType=PROJECT_THE_INTERNET
somewhere in-between BeginTeam and EndTeam tags of the relevant team. Then that part of the file will look something like this:

TeamID=0 means that this is the first team usually corresponding to the first player. (This is also defined somewhere in that CivBeyondSwordWBSave file.)
You can find correct ProjectType strings in the ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml file under the tag Type.

Attachments

• romand.jpg
    romand.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I thought you were trying to do 2.

I don't know if there is a way to do this via WorldBuilder, but you can open the CivBeyondSwordWBSave file using a text editor (like Notepad++) and add projects to teams there.
For example, to add The Internet you need to add the line
Code:
    ProjectType=PROJECT_THE_INTERNET
somewhere in-between BeginTeam and EndTeam tags of the relevant team. Then that part of the file will look something like this:

TeamID=0 means that this is the first team usually corresponding to the first player. (This is also defined somewhere in that CivBeyondSwordWBSave file.)
You can find correct ProjectType strings in the ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml file under the tag Type.

Thank you. I'd actually kind of gotten this far already (last night), but when I added about ten projects to my first civ (with probably another twenty or so civs left to go), I started getting weird glitches. Like, I didn't have ANY resources, even though they were clearly mined, etc. on the map. Or USA would open the game with about 50 submarines in landlocked cities for some reason. Or, I'd die on Turn 0, and the map would only display about 20 of the 1,000 or so cities I've put down. Then, possibly because I made Scotland Yard a world wonder (I dunno), I started getting CTD's on loading. Anyway, I reinstalled AND2 (twice) and restored my WBSaves from a previous file from last night. All's well that ends well.

But this isn't over...

I think it did work, tbh, but somewhere or other I mixed in some bad with some good, I guess. I'll just keep tinkering and hopefully get it right at some point. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom