How to build WMDs?

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Well, no, I´m not Saddam :D

But I have a serious problem - I wanted to make my own "nuke", a ICBM-like thing for my xcom mod. I looked on the Civ3 ICBM in flicster, and checked its ini - it seems that the ICBMs Attack anim is played shortly after it has been launched AND when it hits its target.

The funny thing: when you look at it in flicster, it has only 14 frames, only in SW direction, and it is displayed with its warhead directed downwards. So it looks as if Civ3 plays this anim with flipped direction (since the warhead is directed towards the sky when you launch it), then plays it again in the right direction when the missile is at "re-entry" and hits the target.

But how the hell does that work? My new attack anim
has 14 frames, but in the game the missile stands on its warhead when being launched (engines towrds the sky), then, when it comes back and hits the target it flies in the same (now correct) way.

Somebody an idea?

It seems that PTW brought new anims for the launch, but they cannot be opened with flicster (they seems too big, flicster says 450x450pixels) :(

Also from looking at the launch of a tactical nuke in the game it seems that this new launch anim shows only the ignition of the engines and the first part of the lift-off, the rest of the flight upwards seems still to be presented by the attack anim. But how is then the same anim played with different directions, when all frames are in the same direction?

Any help would be great....

Did you make your own storyboard for your nuke? If you did, then the problem might be that you still have the other directions represented. If you look at the animation in FLICster, ONLY the SW view is highlighted as a direction, none of the others are. If you have this in your flc, then I really don't know how to help u, otherwise, if you have all the directions shown, .then do the following: revert to the long-forsaken C&P method (WTF am I saying, that's how I do units :p ). Anyway, you should open up the animations you want, and make a whole storyboard. Then, open it up and cut and paste your new animation over the old one. If you open FLICster back up, it should have the same setup that you need. Save that.
That should work. I've screwed around a bit with the Nukes, but yes, that's my best advice. Hopefully someone will have better advice then me though.

Ok, I've just looked at the INI file. There are two new animations in the ICBM file in PTW, ICBM Trail and ICBM Launch. ICBM Trail consists of the launching ICBM, 22 frames long, and the origonal Attack animation right after it, 20 frames long. Looking at the new INI file, it says that the default of the ICBM is the orgonal default, but the new ICBM Trail flic is the RUN animation, there is no attack animation at all. The death animation is ICBM Bomb (the mushroom cloud) and the victory is death.
So what I'm thinking is you use these files as a starting point, building off these and the new INI file (Civ3/CivPTW/Art/Units/ICBM) you copy and paste, just filling in the new animation names. Then check Bombard and ICBM in the editor. No stats whatsoever, just 1 movement. You also need to check Infinate Bombing Range and Neuclear Weapon.
If that doesn't work (the information above) with your 3D animations, I suggest following my first post and using C&P to do your unit.

Thx for the advice, I´ll try the cut/paste job, since I can´t open this new ptw trail and launch anims (too big for flicster)

Top Bottom