[R&F] How to Create my own EffectType

Foulweather

Warlord
First-time modder here, trying to create a new civilization, and I'm first working on the leader ability. One of my traits involves changing a GlobalParameter (RELIGION_SPREAD_TRADE_ROUTE_PRESSURE_FOR_DESTINATION), but I can't find an EffectType that I could link to my Trait that would affect this, so I assume I have to create my own.

Does anybody know how I do this?

Thanks!

You can't create new EffectTypes. You are limited to the list the game provides.

If you are using a SQL tool you can get a list of all of them in the game with this query:

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT EffectType FROM DynamicModifiers;

What you can do is create ModifierTypes in the DynamicModifiers table to define the scope of an existing EffectType. E.g. if you need an EffectType to apply to a single city versus all cities, etc.

Drat, I was afraid of that. I'd looked through DynamicModifiers and didn't see anything that would do what I wanted done, since religion spread isn't a Yield.

Was hoping to find something like the EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_TRADE_ROUTE_TOURISM_MODIFIER, but for religion instead of tourism.

Thanks for the feedback!

You might be able to work around it if you can find a Requirement that a trade route exists between two players. I am not sure one exists.

To be honest I haven't worked much with Religion spread at all. There are Requirements that can check to see if 2 players are the same religion. You could then unlock a Modifier based on that.

I think the key when modding in new civs is to be flexible with what you want. The system can do a lot, but it's made of Lego blocks and not clay, so it may take a while to find a design that snaps into place.

Top Bottom