How To Get in A MP or PBEM game if you r a newbie

GPS
I see Sumeria makes peace with the Aztecs and allies with them against the Iroquois (nice idea btw). Didn't quite have enough mobile troops on the homeland to take the stray 2 Sumerian cities, so borrowed some from the secondary continent. Still advanced on the Aztecs taking 2 more of their cities, but healthy attacking/advancing forces are becoming quite thin.

GPS
Land small SOD on Sumerian island. Got a frigate sunk attacking Sumerian frigate. Bomb and kill bunch of conscript riflemen. Kill stray rifle in nw Aztec region. Bomb Teotihucan and take pop down 1 and destroy temple.

Bombarded a couple of Iroquois frigates.
Those French are a lovely people. :D

gps --------> wxwindmill

GPS
Took a Sumerian city and a French city. The French attack SOD consisted of 1 rifleman. The highlight for me was my leftover swordsman killing a French leftover warrior that I kept looping in my territory in case I wanted France to declare war on me (ie get out of my territory or declare war).

Killed several Aztec conscripts and returned bombing on frigates in port.

An Iroquois domination victory is getting clase.

gps -------> wxwindmill

Sank 2 Iroquois frigates, lost a frigate and a galleon.

gps --------> wxwindmill

No attacks, just strengthened our defences.

gps ------> wxwindmill

Not many turns left now. the Iroquois are on the verge of a Domination Victory.

gps -------> wxwindmill

In what will probably be the last offensive action by the Aztecs, we manage to wipe out an Iroquois Infantry Army two tiles east of Texcoco.

gps ----------> wxwindmill

Congratulations wxwindmill on the win. It was a well played game. I was just happy that the Aztecs managed to survive till the end of the game.

Attachments

• Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the congrats and thanks for letting me be a part of a great pbem group. I appreciate y'alls good sportsmanship. Next winter I'll probably try to catch into another game or 2 aside from the one I'm in now.
ps
I think I'd suggest NO Sci GL for most pbem because I believe they were a big reason for me breaking away.

Attachments

• 750adHowTo.jpg
    750adHowTo.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 66
Congrats.

Good game, and I certainly learned a few things for next time ;)

Specifically, don't leave your cavalry without defensive troops, even if they are a couple of cities back from the front line.

When you have railroads, you don't need to keep them too close anyway.

Also, keep more troops available. Even in wartime, building a credible military takes time...

I also learned some things, particularly at the end with Greybeard doing a nice job of defending the Aztec core.

I was always worried about paying the nasty unit support, but the commercial trait of the Iroquois seemed to be able to handle my large military and then some.

Top Bottom