1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to install a mod

How to install a mod

1. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Lord Olleus submitted a new resource:

How to install a mod - How to install a mod

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
    Xenotitan and Chinese American like this.
  2. Daedraug

Daedraug Chieftain

Hello all,
    None of the mods I'm installing are working, even though they appear in the "additional content" and I can check (or uncheck) them.
    This is true with "More Lenses", "Unit Report Screen", "Better Trade Screen" mods.
    Once installed, nothing happens when I click on the related button (lens icon, "View Reports" button, "Create Trade Route" button etc ...).
    I can hear the "click" though.
    I tried all these mods alone, to make sure there were no interference.
    I'm not the only one with this issue, I've seen one guy with the very same issue with the "Unit Report Screen" mod.
    My Windows 10 and Civilization 6 are genuine of course, I tried to change several parameters (DirectX12, resolution, etc ...) but same result.
    Help ! :)

3. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Are you starting a new game? Mods do not work existing save file. There is a mod section when you click on a save, it should tell you which mods are activated.

4. Daedraug

Daedraug Chieftain

5. LegoWizard

LegoWizard Chieftain

I know it's been about 3 months but I'm having some trouble installing mods. I have them in the mod folder but when I launch the game and go to additional content, they don't show up. It should be important to note that I'm using a Mac.

6. TasmaniaKrama

TasmaniaKrama Chieftain

Hello, I have the same problem as LegoWizard but I am on pc. Any mod that I unzip in mods folder will not show up in additional content. I have no clue what to do.

7. Harold Clapsaddle

Harold Clapsaddle Chieftain

I am trying to learn how to make mods with Sid Mier's Civilization VI Development tools. When I opened it I saw what I think is a way to import a mod into that app and be able to work on it. I was wondering if you may know how to do so? This is my first stop after struggling with steam and the broken links that they post. So I would appreciate any guidance in the right direction. I also heard of ModBuddy, the IDE for developing mods; FireTuner, a tool for tweaking things in-game; and an uploader to post things to Workshop. Plus there's the art tools. Which I need to learn about.

8. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

Might want to add this in for Mac users...
    My Mods are located at:

upload_2017-10-22_15-39-18.png

And that "Library" is a hidden folder, so you have to have your hidden folders visible.

Attached Files: