Resource icon

How to install a mod

Modiki doesn't seem to have a Civ 6 component yet(?).

I'm having an issue similar to the one mentioned above. Mods I've activated in "additional content" are not actually being activated. For instance, the "Larger Worlds" mod, once activated, doesn't show the "Enormous" and "Massive" options in "Advanced Setup" in the "map size" menu.

Same goes for "Advanced Setup Lite" mod. If I activate it then go to advanced setup, none of the new options will show up. This occurs even when I activate a mod, close the game, reopen the game, confirm that the mod is activated, and then check to see if it indeed is showing the new features.

This happens in reverse as well. Mods that I have deactivated are still applying their changes to the game even after a restart of the game. This makes it really hard, if not impossible to try to determine mod conflicts by deactivating mods to determine if they are conflicting because deactivating does not consistently apply the desired change.

Most bizarre of all, I can close the game completely, go to the mods folder under users where non-steam mods are to be placed, delete mods (or even delete the entire folder) and still have the mods showing under the additional content directory. The only effective way I've found to ensure mods are deactivated is to delete the entire user directory under Civilization 6 in the My Games folder.

I have reinstalled the game three times, ensured that all of the patches have been applied and that all the DLC is correctly installed. I have tried deleting just the Mods.sqlite file and I've spent excessive amounts of time going through the modding log which shows no errors. I've tried applying community fixes for the "return to the main menu" bug as well as checking to see that the update that was supposed to fix the bug was applied. I'm running version 1.0.0.229 (339082).

This has completely stumped me as none of this makes any sense. All of my mods come from this site and have been carefully installed using instructions posted in the mod description when there are any.

Hi, I'm really not that good with computers and
I would want to be able to run mods in civ 6.

I'm looking at tutorial youtube videos and I become really
lost...
I'm wondering if this would be an easy fix for
someone or if I really need to learn all that...

But I see a lot of people seem to publish some premade mods.
Although, I don't even know how to get those working either...

I really need some help, I don't get this stuff.

I'm also very unfamiliar with chatting on forums,
so here goes nothing.
I think I might be sending private messages too, so
sorry if I'm personal messaging. I'm just that bad at this,
I apologize in advance.
I'm really desperate and I want to reach someone.
(Also, english isn't my first language so please forgive
the many mistakes I'm sure are finding their way into my
writing)

I'm just looking to make a small modification

More precisely, I would like to make some
modifications to the chinese Leader so that
he would have the abilities listed below.
(I don't want any special unit or building)

I would want to dump crouching tiger and great wall and
replace them with other abilities.
(I'm looking to try nearly impossible to win scenarios,
so I would need a very strong civ...)

Is there any quick and easy way to do this?
(for example just make a copy of Qin Shi Huang and
modify his abilities on that second/new copy
using already existing abilities from other leaders
without having to create a new civ from scratch)

I'll take any advice you can give me
Thank you for your time :)

Here are my desired abilities:

Leader Ability 1:
From Qin Shi Huang, China
The first Emperor

When building Ancient and classical wonders
you may spend Builder charges to complete 15%
of the original wonder cost.

Builders receive an additional charge

Nation Ability 1
From Qin Shi Huang, China
Dynastic Cycle

eurekas and Inspirations provide 50% of civics
and technologies instead of 40%

Nation Ability 2
From Montezuma, Aztec
Legend of the Five suns

Spend Builder charges to complete 20% of the
original district costs

Nation Ability 3
From Pericles/Gorgo, Greece/(Sparta)
Plato's Republic

One extra Wildcard policy slot in any government

Nation Ability 4
From Trajan, Rome
All Roads lead to Rome

All cities you found or conquer start with a trading post.

If in trade range of your capital, they also start with
a road to it.

Your trade routes earn +1 gold for passing through trading
posts in your own cities.

Lord Olleus submitted a new resource:

How to install a mod - How to install a mod

Read more about this resource...
I just found this forum today. I got the Epic free version of Civ 6 a week ago. After playing through a few times, I wanted to add a mod for more builds per builder. But, I am unable to see the mod in additional content. I have read through this thread, but am still lost on how to get the mod to show up.

TIA

Will

I just found this forum today. I got the Epic free version of Civ 6 a week ago. After playing through a few times, I wanted to add a mod for more builds per builder. But, I am unable to see the mod in additional content. I have read through this thread, but am still lost on how to get the mod to show up.

TIA

Will
How did you install it?

I downloaded the archived file from Nexus mods, then first extracted it into the Epic Games folder under SidMeiersCivilizationVI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data. Second, I extracted it to documents/My Games/Sid Meir/Mods folder. By default, it extracted into a base/assets/gameplay/data structure. I then tried copying the GoodyHuts.xml directly into the same mods folder without the folder structure.

Never install anything in the game's folder, only use the mods folder in my documents.

What's the complete path for the .modinfo file of the mod after installation ?

(like for example "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic)\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack.modinfo")

Last edited:
Never install anything in the game's folder, only use the mods folder in my documents.

What's the complete path for the .modinfo file of the mod after installation ?

(like for example "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic)\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack.modinfo")
Is this the correct location for the extracted mod file?
upload_2020-6-9_13-3-48.png

Yes, but if the file you've downloaded doesn't have a .modinfo file, then it's not a proper mod, it's not safe to use and judging by the date of the files it's outdated and most probably incompatible with the current version of the game.

There are mods here on CFC:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-released-mods.557/

But the main source is the steam workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/workshop/

You can browse to a mod, copy the mod's page URL then use https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/ to download it and extract it to the "\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic)\Mods\" folder.

Remember that once extracted the mod should be in it's own folder as described in the first post, and there should be a .modinfo file at the root of this folder.

Lord Olleus submitted a new resource:

How to install a mod - How to install a mod

Read more about this resource...
And on a Mac?
I got the game on steam and my mods downloaded through the workshop are in ~//Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/289070 and seem to work fine. However I am trying to install my own mod, which I tried placing in both ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods and~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods (after some update from Civ put one folder inside the other ?!), but neither work. By "not work" I mean when I open the game and go to Additional Content, I do not see my mod listed.

Top Bottom