deleted

I've been trying Sumeria, Rome, and Scythia out, and I just can't seem to destroy a civ that early.
First off, I am not an early civ destroyer. Some people aim to destroy a civ in the ancient age for the +4 era but that is getting quite tricky now. The only exceptions I have to this are Sumeria and Aztec where you are worse off waiting. The new patch has made it all a lot harder but there is a key ingredient missing. It was possible to take a city with archers or swords/hoplites but now you need both. The Sumeria game was all about 4 chariots and 3 slingers. The archers make up for the slack while the chariots heal. Dense terrain also make it harder. +8 for the guard does not help with the capital either. You have to play attacks perfectly meaning I often use my scout for both siege and sacrifice, always siege, but never have taken catapults. Archers are very strong and even F they have walls, if they do not have archers yet, your archers can take it as you slowly reduce em.

It seems the T160 GDR timings hit by Victoria and Jerovich only happens with 3+ science CS.
2+ CS is what you need really. It used to be possible with 1+ but with the goddess gone and the combat nerfs it is much harder.

Top Bottom