How to stick it to 'em!

Daaraa

King
Just noticed a few things while doing the History Department update:

We do a couple of things to the greeks.

1 Rush culture Tlaxcala and in a little while we should capture a Gems resource and replace the Silks we lost and deny Greece of potential trade.
2 Put a city between Corinth and Cumane next to the Saltpeter.
We'll capture yet another saltpeter. This will deny the Greeks of trade.

What do you all think?

I agree with both of these! We have already started trying to secure those gems by rushing a library in Tlaxcala. That city's borders did expand but did not get us the gems yet.

As for New CAP City II, which governor wants to have the honor of building a settler for it?

What about the governor who builds the settler gets the city.

As for the gems, I think we may need to rush some more culture-promoting buildings. I read somewhere (I think it was in civ 3 gen. disscuss. forum) that the sum total of the city's culture has to be higher to take a tile away from another city with the same distance to the tile in question. (ie if Tlaxcala has a culture total of 15 and the Greek city has 20 we need to become higher.)
However, maybe I am thinking of culture per turn generated (ie Tlaxcala is generating 3 and maybe the greek city is generating 4, we need 2 more points per turn) This is how we will get the Gems.

Originally posted by Daaraa
As for the gems, I think we may need to rush some more culture-promoting buildings. I read somewhere (I think it was in civ 3 gen. disscuss. forum) that the sum total of the city's culture has to be higher to take a tile away from another city with the same distance to the tile in question. (ie if Tlaxcala has a culture total of 15 and the Greek city has 20 we need to become higher.)

Exactly right. To get those gems we will need to rush more culture buidings quickly before the Greek city gets to far ahead.

Top Bottom