Huge Deity Quick Conquest/Time

killercane

Deity
Ive been playing a bit on Large Deity Quick for some of the unfinished tables in those categories for EQM. Has anyone played these other than Bram, who I note has a space colony game on ancient setting?

I currently use William Van Orange for Dikes, researching to infantry and tanks before the first war unless I can catch a backwards AI with longbows when I can build a sufficient force of curassiers/cavalry/grenadiers/cannon. Building the Great Lighthouse on a watery map takes care of 80% of the research problems, hence the preference for that setting lest I get left behind technologically. My question is, is there a better way to do this on Huge? I can imagine that its iffy on a space ship launch waiting so long to war with more opponents and simply gobs of AI units on each island, which even with Blitz and a production advantage is hard to take care of.

Praets seem to obsolete too quickly, and cataphracts have a narrow window as well. Germany didnt quite work out, and Sumeria on Boreal just has too many losses and the AI is too quick, popping huts and things. Discuss!

Turn huts off for a kick off ;)

Read the numerous strategy and tips diety threads! There are some people who can somewhat regularly beat diety(with random leaders) on standard maps on normal speed, i am sure some of it is transferable to large and huge on quick. Willem / lizzy / pericles / hatty / ghandi / pacal / isabella are all good options given the right settings...

Seriously though PA abuse is probably the easiest way(if not the fastest) to win on these settings...

Surely winning a time victory with a deity PA ally is going to be difficult ;)

Read the numerous strategy and tips diety threads! There are some people who can somewhat regularly beat diety(with random leaders) on standard maps on normal speed, i am sure some of it is transferable to large and huge on quick. Willem / lizzy / pericles / hatty / ghandi / pacal / isabella are all good options given the right settings...

Seriously though PA abuse is probably the easiest way(if not the fastest) to win on these settings...
Its no problem to win on large, and havent tried huge yet. The problem is a faster and easier way to win than researching to modern age before I spend a bunch of time only to learn that the Industrialism war strategy wont cut it on huge. Quick and normal are quite a bit different for military wins. Say an AI builds the space ship and launches, you would have to predict when the last part gets built and already be on your way since you only have 6 turns on quick to get to his capital, and big maps are problematic. You have a lot more leeway on normal.

PA is wussy!

You can also use espionage to sabotage / see when the last part is completed... An alternative is to just use praets, not to win by themselves but to grab a huge enough chunk of land to easily go to a renesace war or something, with a good enough start keeping teching up shouldn't be too hard... It is possible to trade IW for most of alpha + writing + whatever else you are missing with some luck.

You can also use espionage to sabotage / see when the last part is completed... An alternative is to just use praets, not to win by themselves but to grab a huge enough chunk of land to easily go to a renesace war or something, with a good enough start keeping teching up shouldn't be too hard... It is possible to trade IW for most of alpha + writing + whatever else you are missing with some luck.
Prove your theories! :) I think you fall behind too much technologically doing the latter. The former is of course always an option but you cant blow up every spaceship every time with 100% certainty. You only have so much espionage to spend when 3 AI are building parts.

If I had to clear this one, I would go with a "future start".
There was a major with similar settings, just not on huge.
Future start no helpie with EQM. There are a lot of empty #1 tables, standard domination and time, and the larger map sizes time/conquest/space colony.

Well I had no problem keeping up in tech in the immortal / epic / large game i played, but i admit it is not diety and not quick however i am guessing that you should be able to take out at least 1-2 AI's with the use of praets even on quick...

Top Bottom