I hate you Hutama. =.=

How did you manage to reach turn 211 basically without exploring the map?

I got to about turn 30 before the aliens attacked me, and in a fit of rage I went around killing a large number of them. Long story short, since then any explorer I sent out dies instantly, and my ships get swarmed. T_T

Then of course once I got strong enough, Hutama entered into an essentially perpetual war with me. XD And I couldn't be bothered to explore anymore. XDXD

I got to about turn 30 before the aliens attacked me, and in a fit of rage I went around killing a large number of them. Long story short, since then any explorer I sent out dies instantly, and my ships get swarmed. T_T

Then of course once I got strong enough, Hutama entered into an essentially perpetual war with me. XD And I couldn't be bothered to explore anymore. XDXD

Yea, that fit of rage might have been a mistake. Unless you are getting some nice bonuses for killing them, kill only those you need to kill and try and keep them calm until you got the firepower to wipe 'em out without too much effort. My take anyway.

edit: Yea, Hutama isn't messing around. You really irked him.

Yea, that fit of rage might have been a mistake. Unless you are getting some nice bonuses for killing them, kill only those you need to kill and try and keep them calm until you got the firepower to wipe 'em out without too much effort. My take anyway.

Yeah, I agree. Really should have not wiped out those aliens, especially since I was trying to play peacefully. That migration all the way from my original starting position was due to that actually, finding a spot with less aliens. The original spot had (guess what) 7 aquatic alien nests...

Of course, when I came towards him (and settled near that fungus-thing to the right), he dowed me. He actually had two cities, one just above where my colony guy is, the other where Deepcastle is right now, which I razed after my first initial retaliation.

But hey, it's his fault. >_>

You came into his territory, razed one of his city and it's his fault? :rolleyes:

You came into his territory, razed one of his city and it's his fault? :rolleyes:

I came close, but nowhere near. Okay near, but never actualy encroached on his territory. I was about 4 hexes away. Is that enough for the AI to regard as actually taking over their territory? If so then yeah, I encroached on his territory (and wasn't just spinning a better tale). But he did dow on all other civs, so I just blame it on him being a warmonger. :p

Hutama declared war on me in my last game, and just as I was starting to panic at the dozen or so units that were coming out of the woodwork, I realized they were all beelining to my capital and ignoring everything else along the way.

So basically he put them on a death march through the gauntlet that was all my other cities between his border and my capital.

The AI in this game Beyond Dumb.

Someone forgot to read the memo 'how to conduct foreign policy when you are the United States' .

(sorry couldn't resist)

Just started an Apollo game that turned out to be a duel between me and the Slavic Federation. So many aliens swarming that I could neither explore nor expand, with the result that Vadim got ahead of me techwise. Though knowing how many aliens there were I took advantage of the 'science from kills' personality trait to get some value out of pest control.

Yah. Sometimes I purposefully let the AI go a bit initially, to let tem really build up their strength. The AI is not too bad in the lategame, once they had some time to develop peacefully.

Top Bottom