1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I need vanilla XML files, please.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by stebbinsd, Nov 27, 2014.

1. stebbinsd

stebbinsd Chieftain

About a week ago, I asked for some vanilla XML files. Instead, you guys suggested that I just uninstall and re-install the game. That thread is still on this page.

After about a week of getting no other help, I decided to finally just go and reinstall the game.

Well, guess what? I can't do that! When I go to my control panel and tell it to uninstall "Sid Meir's Civilization IV," I keep getting this message:

So, I can't even uninstall it, right now!

So, I simply have to have the vanilla XML files that I had modded too much of. There simply is no other way around it.

I don't see why you guys are so hesitant to just upload the XML files, here. It's not like it's a bandwidth issue! The largest XML file I need is less than 600 kB.

Come on! Lend a guy a helping hand!

Here are the XML files I need:

CIV4BonusInfos
    CIV4CivicInfos
    CIV4CivilizationInfos
    CIV4FeatureInfos
    CIV4GameSpeedInfo
    CIV4ImprovementInfos
    CIV4LeaderHeadInfos
    CIV4TechInfos
    CIV4TerrainInfos
    CIV4TraitInfos
    CIV4UnitInfos
    CIV4BuildingInfos

2. RecurCivity

RecurCivity Chieftain

Have you tried reinstalling over the old bad install, or does it give you an error message of some sort when you do that?

You can try manually uninstalling it by deleting the Civ4 folders & files, and then using a registry cleaner to get rid of the traces of it. Then do a clean install of Civ4.