I think I overdraw military a littlebit :-p

GPR

Chieftain
I think this is the first time such a message has appeared to me.
I think I went too much into the brawl :pp

vlcsnap-2023-03-19-21h09m06s614.jpg

civ1.jpg

And it happened to me a few rounds before the end of the game.

Last edited:
Carefull, better loose some units before it freezes up ?!? ;)

Question though:

I see you build many knights. Did you plan this and did you go with Monarchy ?! Or is just a coincidence ? ;)

I've been wondering about the monarchy branch + knights how it would be like... I think I tried it one time...

It's a dead beat path on the long run... other civs become more advanced... hmmm....

(Unless one controls the entire world quickly with them knights ! ;) and perhaps destroy most if not all of the enemies or weaken them severly ! ;))

I see you build many knights. Did you plan this and did you go with Monarchy ?! Or is just a coincidence ?
no. I have Dspotism of all the time. This is end of game so dont care about what i build. If I needed more catapult I been build more catapult.

(Unless one controls the entire world quickly with them knights ! ;) and perhaps destroy most if not all of the enemies or weaken them severly ! ;))
In fact, in a normal game (with irrigation, change of government and tech development) I wouldn't even have invented horseback riding but this game I wanted to finish quickly (before 1AD) so I search Chivalry which gives better defense + 2 movement points (instead of Chariot and Phalanx).
I even not build any building except baracks.

Last edited:
It happens a lot to me but in later stages of the game.
If you have a lot of cities (12 to 15), like I use to, it's relatively easy to reach this maximum.
Even Diplomats and Caravans count as military units.

It's only bad because sometimes the program cannot handle this and freezes. So I hate this message. Sometimes, game freezes immediately after unit limit has been reached for the first time, sometimes - only after many such messages, and sometimes it works ok as long as you want, it seems. Even worse when the game freezes when AI civ reaches its unit limit and you cannot do anything about it.

Fortification of the second and third unit in your cities when no enemy units are around can help, as they will be "archived" (from unit list to city special data field), but even when you look into city screen of this city, they would be unpacked back, possibly with exact same message and possibly with freezing the game, so this is so-so solution.

Top Bottom