I think I'm done with the game at 86/90 achievements.

LoneDragon

Warlord
I'm slugging through one more game to get me 3 last achievements to get me up to 86.

I'm giving up on:
Cylon Computer Virus - I've never even played multi-player.

There is No Try - 86/90 achievements and almost 600 hours and this is at 1/10. Most of the wonders are useless and the few that the AI do build, they build before I even have the relevant technology.

Shadow and Light - If I do play another game, it'll be as Chungsu.

Ramming Speed - How do you even get this? No one is stupid enough to leave a unit in the way of a moving aquatic city. Unless it can be a one of your own units?

Am I giving up too soon? I could get ONE more achievement if I play another game but the others seem impossible and I'm eager to jump back into Civ VI with the new patch and DLC.

I have tended to jump back and forth and that works well. Play you a game of VI and then come back for another round of BE.

If you just have a couple left, you can set up small games specifically for that purpose. Dual map mp and play both sides for example.

There is No Try
-> Really easy, just tech towards the early wonders without terrain restrictions and start constructing them in your expansions. Set Autosave to each turn, and with a little luck, the AI will snatch a wonder from you. Just reload the turn before and let the AI finish construction again, and after doing that enough times, you have the achievement.

Ramming Speed
-> Move your city towards an Alien Nest on a Lush Planet (more aliens). May take a few attempts, but you'll hit an alien eventually.
-> Alternatively you can also declare war on an AI and then surround one of their embarked units with boats (which means they can't move because they can't attack while embarked), then move your city there.

Cylon Computer Virus
-> Just ask a friend to quickly help you with that, start a 2p-game and have him give up immediately. No need to reach a victory condition.

There is No Try
-> Really easy, just tech towards the early wonders without terrain restrictions and start constructing them in your expansions. Set Autosave to each turn, and with a little luck, the AI will snatch a wonder from you. Just reload the turn before and let the AI finish construction again, and after doing that enough times, you have the achievement.
I saw an opportunity to try this in the current game. Someone completed a wonder, so I loaded a save from the previous turn and set the wonder to build. I saved just before hitting end turn and the next turn, the achievement ticked up to 2/10.
I reloaded the end turn save and hit end turn again and it didn't go to 3/10...so I tried again and what should have been 4/10 was 5/10...not sure what happened there.

Interesting. Not sure what would cause that.

And 87/90...just need to win a game as Chungsu, win a multiplayer game and crush someone moving an aquatic city.

There is No Try
Cylon Computer Virus
-> Just ask a friend to quickly help you with that, start a 2p-game and have him give up immediately. No need to reach a victory condition.
So anybody wanna add me as a friend and concede a quick game?

If I remember correctly, this one can be done in hotseat mode against AI.

I don't think you can concede. Just play dual and play it out. It doesn't take long at all.

Top Bottom