Installed a Mod Wrong...Have I Screwed Up The Game?

Barns

Chieftain
Whilst not new to Civ, I'm new to adding Mods and was installing the AIQuick Mod but it had no installation instructions so, while I realised the .modinfo file should go in either the Mods or DLC folder, I didn't know where to put the WorldTracker.lua file...

I searched for an existing file of the same name and found it in the Base>Assets>UI folder so copied, pasted and replaced the existing one before.

I've since realised that it should have just been put in the relevant folder in the Mods or DLC folder so apologise for my noobishness when it comes to mods... :)

Anyway, would the WorldTracker.lua file in the mod also contain all the stuff usually found in the vanilla file just with extra bits added? Or would it just have the barebones necessary for the mod itself?

I've just launched a game with the mod installed and enabled and it started up OK but I haven't gone any further since I don't want it to crash further down the line when I'm 20 hours into a game...

Basically, have I screwed the installation up and, if so, I presume I can just delete that file and let Steam download a new copy? Or would I have to delete all local files and re-download the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

Go to your Steam library, right click Civ VI, choose "Properties," then the "Local Files" tab, then "Verify Integrity of Local Cache..." It will check all of your game files and re-download any that are corrupted or changed. After it downloads files, recommend re-verifying until Steam tells you no files need to be downloaded.

Top Bottom