1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a setting?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by tbplayer59, Feb 19, 2016.

1. tbplayer59

tbplayer59 Chieftain

When I watch Civ videos on YouTube, I see their "Fog" looks like clouds. When I play, it looks like black blocks. Is this a setting I can change to get the clouds?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Go to Video Options and increase the Fog of War setting above the minimum.

3. Mesodius

Mesodius Warmonger

This. It seems that when you install Civ 5, the game decides, based on your computer specs, what video quality to use. I loaded it on to one of my older computers and it defaulted to the black blocks (I still was able to run it with clouds), but when I installed it on to my newer computer, it defaulted to clouds and higher video settings.

As I said, on my older system I was still able to bump up the defaults a bit and run the game without problems, so maybe you can too.

4. meatpardle

meatpardle Warlord

Mine defaulted to the worst settings for fog, land an sea quality so I moved them to the highest and can't notice any difference in performance.