Issues with ImpassableAir

ThichN

Warlord
Hello! I'm having an issue with the ImpassableAir feature of ToTPP. I thought this was regarding Oceans specifically, but am finding it is not working overall with any of the terrain.

Here is my goal:

Air units that must stay on land, and cannot go over the ocean.

Here is what I have in mind:

1. Make Oceans "impassable," so write "yes" on the terrain line in rules.txt
2. Give all naval units "Override Impassable Terrain," so that they can still go into the ocean
3. Use "ImpassableAir" to ensure that air units do not go into ocean squares

Anyway, the air units still can move over the oceans. I tried mountains as well, but they can move over that, too.

Meanwhile, other units respect the impassability. I should note, as well, that #2 above works: the boats are able to still go into the ocean.

Any ideas? I have the feature checked in the ToTPP launcher and put under COSMIC2. All of the other COSMIC2 features seem to be working properly.

Two possibilities come into my mind:

1. May be the wrong "no" in the line of the Ocean terrain was replaced by a "yes".

Impassable terrain.jpg

or in the Advanced Units setting the settings for the air units were set to override the impassable terrain setting.

TOTPP Imp terrain hint.jpg

@Civinator :worship:
Rolling my eyes at myself. It was the first one. In my defense: for some reason my rules.txt did not have the impassable terrain marker in the macro explanations as my other practice rules.txt files had, and something about the formatting threw me off. I thought I had tried all possible combos to make it work, but came up short each time. Silly. Appreciate you posting this here, thank you.

Great, that now it is working, and no reason to worry about it. I have plenty such experiences myself - this is modding. :)

Top Bottom