1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I've quit Civilization after 2 years of playing!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Nooble, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

Well, I've been palying Civilization III for 2 years. And I'm tired of it.

I'm now playing Rome: Total War. It is very similar to Civilization, exept the battles are a lot more in-depth.

See ya all! I don't be going here much anymore.

2. china444

china444 Ain't no thang

Peace!

Oh, and you'll be back...

3. penvzila

penvzila Prince

Shortly after it first came out, I got tired of Civ3. Now I play it all the time. It doesn't compare to the hours I put into CivI and II, but that's college for you.

4. Tom_Bombadil

Tom_Bombadil Chieftain

He'll be back, once he gets civ 4.

5. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

Of course I'll be back for Civ4. -.-

6. joe_pt

joe_pt Chieftain

after civ2 i stopped playing for 3 years then I found this forum and started playing civ3.

"just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in!"

you'll be back and we'll be waiting

7. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

No one can ever escape the power of Civ! :mischief:

8. Princeps

Princeps More bombs than God

No one.... :evil:

edit: Saying it twice makes it sound more evil

9. History Freak

History Freak Chieftain

I quit playing because there was nothing new in it.... well after a period of time ,but I got back in to it becuase it was brand new to me when I started playing

10. me_and_kg

me_and_kg Trying for deity

I quit playing about a year ago after around 4 years of playing civ1, ctp, then civ3. I was seriously adicted and I thought I'd never break the habit, but I did. And to be honest it was worth it. It can be done - you are not a slave to the game!

11. doolally

doolally pxlcrow

-some form of Civ has been on my system for almost 10 years. my eye may stray but i always come home to momma.

12. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Same here and same for other classics of the PC genre. That's how I survive a year ;).

13. DS_Legionary

DS_Legionary King

I had about a six month hiatus from civ, but I came back a few days ago, and gotta say it's been a blast. I was playing Rome: Total War, but you can only conquer the map so many times, so I cam back to civ, but in another six months I see myself playing Rome again, and the vicious cycle begins anew. :)

14. froglegs

froglegs Chieftain

I played CIV 3 plus the upgrades for 3 years. It has been out 3 years and ~4 months which means I have not played it for the last 4 months. Last November (2004) should have been the right time for CIV 4. However, no game was released. I have been playing RTW since. I just hope though that CIV 4 is not like Heroes 4 or Warlords 4 -- a total waste.

It is better to release it a year too late than a year too soon.

15. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

Since I'm a fan of using submarines and lots of barbarians I'm oddly, particularly screwed by CIv3- two things I like are not functioning as they should and it hurts me.

Yeah I know, you others enjoy the game- good for you. I won't be buying civ4 until at least a year or so after its release and I've heard about all its stupid bugs and AI mistakes so I can judge if Firaxis will abandon it too when it is so close to be being decently patched.

Firaxis needs to fix only a few tiny bugs in civ3 but they chose to abandon it- no more money from me, the jerks. :mad:

16. Civthing

Civthing Lord of the Newbs

Never... I've been waiting too long for a good ancient to modern age war strategy game to come out! Vive le Civ!

17. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

I played RTW for a few weeks then started civ again... sigh...I have a addiction...

18. xiaoafei

xiaoafei Chieftain

i'm thinking: if someone who broke laws and sentenced was given this game (and a computor of course), he might spend all his years in prison happily, staying in his cell all day long playing this game. :)

19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I too have a cycle....first Rome, than Battle for Middle Earth, than back to civ...

20. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

With the amount of homework I've been getting, it seems I've given up civ against my will......... :(