I've quit Civilization after 2 years of playing!

Nooble

Warlord
Well, I've been palying Civilization III for 2 years. And I'm tired of it.

I'm now playing Rome: Total War. It is very similar to Civilization, exept the battles are a lot more in-depth.

See ya all! I don't be going here much anymore.

Shortly after it first came out, I got tired of Civ3. Now I play it all the time. It doesn't compare to the hours I put into CivI and II, but that's college for you.

after civ2 i stopped playing for 3 years then I found this forum and started playing civ3.

"just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in!"

you'll be back and we'll be waiting

No one can ever escape the power of Civ! :mischief:

I quit playing because there was nothing new in it.... well after a period of time ,but I got back in to it becuase it was brand new to me when I started playing

I quit playing about a year ago after around 4 years of playing civ1, ctp, then civ3. I was seriously adicted and I thought I'd never break the habit, but I did. And to be honest it was worth it. It can be done - you are not a slave to the game!

doolally said:
-some form of Civ has been on my system for almost 10 years. my eye may stray but i always come home to momma.
Same here and same for other classics of the PC genre. That's how I survive a year ;).

I had about a six month hiatus from civ, but I came back a few days ago, and gotta say it's been a blast. I was playing Rome: Total War, but you can only conquer the map so many times, so I cam back to civ, but in another six months I see myself playing Rome again, and the vicious cycle begins anew. :)

I played CIV 3 plus the upgrades for 3 years. It has been out 3 years and ~4 months which means I have not played it for the last 4 months. Last November (2004) should have been the right time for CIV 4. However, no game was released. I have been playing RTW since. I just hope though that CIV 4 is not like Heroes 4 or Warlords 4 -- a total waste.

It is better to release it a year too late than a year too soon.

Since I'm a fan of using submarines and lots of barbarians I'm oddly, particularly screwed by CIv3- two things I like are not functioning as they should and it hurts me.

Yeah I know, you others enjoy the game- good for you. I won't be buying civ4 until at least a year or so after its release and I've heard about all its stupid bugs and AI mistakes so I can judge if Firaxis will abandon it too when it is so close to be being decently patched.

Firaxis needs to fix only a few tiny bugs in civ3 but they chose to abandon it- no more money from me, the jerks. :mad:

Never... I've been waiting too long for a good ancient to modern age war strategy game to come out! Vive le Civ!

i'm thinking: if someone who broke laws and sentenced was given this game (and a computor of course), he might spend all his years in prison happily, staying in his cell all day long playing this game. :)

Top Bottom