Just finished my first FFH2 game ...

CoZe

Warlord
I finally finished my first game of FFH2. I discovered this mod only a couple of weeks ago, and I'm absolutely in love with it ! Thank you Kael for the great work !

I played with the Kuroites, absolutely great idea of super cities, takes away much of the micromanagement but still lets you keep a great strong empire ...

here's the snapshot of my capitol right before the end ...

I had a few disappointments though, which I believe they're mroe related to the generic Civ4 AI behaviour rather than the FFH2.

The AI is unable to make oversea campaigns. I had my mainland lightly defended the whole game, and no one ever tried to take me down ... (even when they all doW'ed on me when I started building the tower of Mastery ...)

The AI is unable to claim overseas resources. There were lots of Mana and other goodies laying in uneploited reaches of Erebus, but AI didn't want to go out there ... Instead they kept building their stacks, which are confined to their own landmass, totally useless ...

The AI doesn't make an attempt to win the game. Especially the Evil players, I'ld expect someone to found the Ashen Veil and do some mischief, but it doesn't happen ... In fact I had the Calabim switch to fellowship of the leaves once and turn good ! which looked really strange ... I even tried planting the clan of embers with the AV, which they didn't pick up ... I'ld like to see the AI try to win the game. Claim mana resources, build towers, go to transendence, raise the AC (not really sure what kind of victory conditions exist for the AI here) or whatever ...

I was playing on the Prince level. Not sure if things will change in Monarch or higher, I feel they'll only be making bigger stacks with more bonuses ...

I will try starting a custom game and make sure sheim are there ... Hopefully they will bring some hell loose !

The Red Dragon city is very hard to take. The Dragon itself is not problem but I get the feeling he summons a son of inferno every a few turns, which make the battle quite tricky ... I took down the dragon city in turn 458 or something, and I had to take down 24 or so son of infernos ... If you don't take them down in the first turn the fire elementals they summon punch you really bad ... I used an AirShip rush to minimise the fatalities.

I finished the game in turn 710 or so ... I teched really good, but I was still far from finishing the tech tree ! good job there !

I did get the Kuroite gold dragon, but didn't have much time to use it ... (it's cool though, I found it strange it doesn't have flying or water walking ...)

Anyway, these were my first impressions, I see the development on this is stopped for now, but hopefully these will come useful for future projects. Many thanks and congratulations to everyone involved for the best game mod I have ever played ! I will be queing for long time when you guys publish the next project ! :king:

The Sheaim are the civ that is most likely to follow Ashen Veil, though nothing is completely hardcoded. There is always the chance that they'll be perfectly happy as Tree-huggers or whatever other religion catches their fancy. But I've also seen a game where the Bannor broke up into two empires (via the Minister Koun event), which were then both corrupted by the nearby Infernals, switching to the Ashen Veil religion and then finding themselves on the wrong end of an angry and powerful Mercurian empire!

As for the lack of a Naval AI, try my More Naval AI mod (apologies for the self-promotion), which also includes some code adopted from Better AI to encourage the AI to try and win the game.

Top Bottom