LAN Multiplayer - Odd Loading Issue

Karatekid5

Warlord
My friend and I ran into a strange issue while setting up a multiplayer game on LAN. I was on my Windows desktop, which was the host, and he was using his Macbook, which was able to join the game successfully. After the "Game Starting in" timer counted down to 0, we were taken to the loading screen as normal. However, this is when things started getting weird. The map loaded for him, but for some reason my game got stuck on the loading screen (so, I was still looking at Pachacuti and his Dawn of Man text). My friend scrolled around the map, and was able to see my name on the player list. After a few minutes, I used Task Manager to force Civ V to close.
However, we started a few more LAN games and all of them loaded fine for both of us.

As a note, we were in my basement, which doesn't have good wireless reception (my desktop, however, has a wired connection). So, part of the issue may have been because of this.

Also, another problem we've been sometimes having is that we can't always see each other's LAN games on the server list, but that can probably be attributed to the bad wireless reception in the basement.

One more issue I had the other day was that I got an "Error joining multiplayer session" error.....when CREATING a room on Internet multiplayer. However, it fixed itself a few seconds later.

Either way, does anyone know what these issues may be and why they may have happened?

Top Bottom