Late-game Crashes/Inability to Resume Games in PS4 Version

So I played a game on PS4 Pro, version 1.10.0, all DLC and NFP. Settings were standard map size&game speed, no modes enabled. Post ~t220 the game became an ever worsening crash fest. I crawled to a t259 diplo victory, but I had countless Groundhog Days - reloading after crash and replaying the same turns again and again. I sent the suggested report every time it crashed, so Sony must have been flooded by them. During the last turns it came down to crashing almost every turn. It would have been impossible to continue if the game hadn't ended.

So you don't have to play on huge maps, standard size is quite enough to run into a blue-screen crash wall.
If you plan to play a game on PS4, limit yourself to tiny or small maps at the most for now. Or plan to win around t200 :)
The state like this is unacceptable.

Another strange thing: there was Sweden AI in my game, the world reached Atomic era, World Congress sessions came and went, but there was not a single Nobel Prize competition launched, ever. Has anybody noticed something similar?

This is since the latest update, yes?
Unbelievably bad news - it makes the whole thing totally unplayable (and Sony will blame Firaxis, who in their turn will then blame Sony and both of them will blame you - been there, done that ad nauseam far too many times lately)

This is since the latest update, yes?
I can't really tell, I usually play the PC version, and on PS4 I never tried standard size map before, it was only for occasional lazy games on tiny maps, which went OK, without crashes. This thread drew my attention, so I decided to try a game on standard size map, as I was thinking to recommend the PS4 version to a friend of mine and his kids, but after this kind of experience there will be no recommendations for sure.

In fact, they should put up a warning about instability issues on standard and bigger maps, if they can't solve them. You spend a lot of time on your game and then you can't even finish it.

I can't really tell, I usually play the PC version, and on PS4 I never tried standard size map before, it was only for occasional lazy games on tiny maps, which went OK, without crashes. This thread drew my attention, so I decided to try a game on standard size map, as I was thinking to recommend the PS4 version to a friend of mine and his kids, but after this kind of experience there will be no recommendations for sure.

In fact, they should put up a warning about instability issues on standard and bigger maps, if they can't solve them. You spend a lot of time on your game and then you can't even finish it.

Same here really - I only bought the PS4 versions so that I could give a friend some live lessons who was given this for PS4.
Still yet to be able to finish a damned game myself - not (yet) installed December update, played previously on both Standard maps (won easily on Emperor level at turn 214) but so far not been able to complete a game on a large map without 'Groundhog Turn' hitting me like crazy.
If it is not corrected in the December Patch then I will absolutely be writing an 'avoid at all costs' notice for this game on the PS4. I have lost count of the submitted crash reports, Sony are blaming Firaxis and Firaxis are blaming Sony.

Just to vary things a bit, the xbox one version is just as bad.
The patch notes in the December update specifically stated that the crashes on consoles had been fixed. They haven't,
my games are crashing the same or worse

It’s been noticeable for me for a while now, usually on large maps. I really hope they fix it because I love playing huge games

I just got caught again - on a standard map. Not even Large. This is pathetic
All was well up until I had to stop for the day on Turn 220 or thereabouts. On trying to load up again the next day, Blue Screen crash every time.
I 'filed the report' along with a description of what I was doing (trying to load a saved bloody game) but have heard nothing at all.
I seriously doubt it is even worth filing PS4 bugs, and am seriously considering demanding a full refund as the game is unplayable and has been for months now.

Another game on PS4 Pro, post April 2021 patch, on a Standard Size and speed map, all dlc and NFP content, all modes off though, animations on. The game ended on T269 with my DV aaand... not a single crash during the entire game, no blue screens of death! :D
A major improvement since my previous game reported above, day and night experience. Colour me impressed :)
They fixed it to handle standard size maps then. What about large and huge ones?

Top Bottom