LEADER_TYPE_MATCHES / Idea for implementation of a leader trait

Aldollin

Chieftain
1) does anyone know how to use this requirement? or if it even works?
REQUIREMENT_LEADER_TYPE_MATCHES
it exists in GameEffects and nowhere else so i thought ill just guess what Arguments could make sense:
<Name>LeaderType<Name>
<Value>LEADER_SOMETHING<Value>

but it does not seem to work that way

2) any idea how to implement a LeaderTrait that adds a military slot in chiefdom government and a diplomatic slot after getting political philosophy
would be easy if there was a requirement PLAYER_HAS_CIVIC, like there is one for Techs, but since that does not exists i tried attaching a modifier to political philosophy converts a military to a diplomatic if you are the specific leader (which didnt work, see 1))

any Advise/Ideas are greatly appreciated

It does not work. At least it has not worked in any of my tests. Same with REQUIREMENT_CIV_TYPE_MATCHES. One would have thought that they refer, respectively, to Leader Type and Civilization Type, but alas... Anyways, maybe someone else has been able to make them work. Here's hoping... Both of these modifiers:

<Row>
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CULTURE_ADJUST_GOVERNMENT_SLOTS_MODIFIER</ModifierType>
<CollectionType>COLLECTION_OWNER</CollectionType>
<EffectType>EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_GOVERNMENT_SLOT_TYPE</EffectType>
</Row>

and

<Row>
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CULTURE_REPLACE_GOVERNMENT_SLOTS</ModifierType>
<CollectionType>COLLECTION_OWNER</CollectionType>
<EffectType>EFFECT_REPLACE_PLAYER_GOVERNMENT_SLOT_TYPE</EffectType>
</Row>

Are structure the exactly same way. Even arguments are almost the same. Both of them have the same problems. The biggest problem is with the collection. It is just very circumstantial, and there aren't enough working Requirements to use it well. Like with all of these, the trait requires some kind of trigger to activate (policy, technology, etc.)

Here are a couple of ideas off the top of my head. I've tested none of them. What about this Requirements?

REQUIRES_PLAYER_IS_INDUSTRIAL_ERA REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_ERA_AT_LEAST -- I have no idea how or whether it works, but hey...

How about this:

(1) Create two trait (change government slot) that attaches directly to the Leader (like Plato's Republic attaches directly to a Civ), then use the following Requirement, in duplicate: REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_COMPLETED_PROJECT.
(2) Create two custom projects, one for changing Econ to Military and the other for changing Military to Econ. Make them reasonably expensive. So, you would have a unique trait allowing greater specialization in Econ or Military, after some investment.

The other way is this:

(1) Attach the Modifier to a Wonder that also has a trait attachment to the Leader Type. Make the Wonder PrereqCivic be whatever you want. Only your Leader will be able to build it, and only upon reaching the technology. It would be a worthwhile tradeoff, methinks.

great ideas, but im afraid they dont really fit the astetic/stil i wanted to go for

how could i make the projects exclusive to that civ without using a unique district? more dummy buildings or something like that?

same question goes for policies, have you found any way to make them unique to certain civs (or disable them for a civ)?

if i was able to do that i could pretty much do what i had in mind(even if not as elegant)

Top Bottom