LeeS' Civilization 6 Modding Guide

Will do as soon as I get next edition ready for release.

But I think I will just root out and remove the links entirely today. I had already copied the content to a html files in my working documents folders for the guide anyway.

I will re-direct the links to the CFC pages where you've copied the content already.

Although I think the discussion when completed (which I've been working on again lately) for Modifiers and Requirements and what not for a more-advanced chapter on the subject will likely largely supercede NicholausV webpages.

Bad links removed from the source document. I'll see if I can finish up or redact stuff that is not complete enough in the working document and get an updated pdf posted in the next day or two.

Uploaded a new version of the pdf file to:
  1. Eliminate the bad links to NycholusV's original online "Modifiers" tutorials as these were leading to risky re-direct webpages.
  2. Added some stuff that I have been working on since the last release but there is nothing major new within this version of the PDF
  3. I have quite a bit of stuff in-progress at the moment but I redacted most from this release because none of the new chapters were ready-enough to include without also causing more confusion in their current state than saying nothing on those subjects.
  4. The Table of Contents has more extensive but not complete navigation links to the various subject-matters within the PDF
The dropbox link in the OP should be referencing to the latest PDF of the guide.

Thanks for putting this guide together LeeS! I'm totally new to modding and this has been invaluable in helping me know where to start!

Greetings LeeS !

Newbie here.

I havent read a single word from your works just yet, but just to let you know that starting/creating this guide .... thank you.

Hope to return here later.

I've uploaded the most recent version of the guided just a few minutes ago. No major additions or changes from the previous version -- just a lot of little additional notes throughout the document. I saved this version as an emergency backup sort of thing in case I goof the document up this week. I'm off work this week so hope to finish off some expansions of the Modifiers section and if time permits to make a run-through of the lua sections to clean up and explain a bit more thuroughly in various places.

I've uploaded the most recent version of the guided just a few minutes ago. No major additions or changes from the previous version -- just a lot of little additional notes throughout the document. I saved this version as an emergency backup sort of thing in case I goof the document up this week. I'm off work this week so hope to finish off some expansions of the Modifiers section and if time permits to make a run-through of the lua sections to clean up and explain a bit more thuroughly in various places.
Hi Friend I hope you're doing fine.
i just want to ask a question about text in civ vi . Is there a way yo make text from right to left ? i want to translate it to Arabic which is written from r2l . see picture to understand.

Unfortunately there's no simple way to do this as a mass change. And since the game does not to my knowledge natively support Arabic you would have to choose a language such as English ("en_US" in table LocalizedText) and re-write every <Text> field with the proper Arabic in the proper r2l arrangement by hand.

You would in general be better off doing this as a mod rather than directly editing the original US language files since any update to the game has the potential to wipe your changes when done directly to the game's base files.

No matter how you do it, it will be a tedious process to say the least.

Wow! my only regret is not having found this guide before.
Thanks a lot for your great work. :thumbsup:

Is there a way to increase the mobile sam range? Or is it always a 1 tile radius? Thanks for your hard work!

I've never tried to increase the Range value for the Mobile Sam, but note the "Range" setting from the definition of the unit
Code:
<Row UnitType="UNIT_MOBILE_SAM" Cost="590" Maintenance="4" BaseMoves="3" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="false" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" Range="1" AntiAirCombat="100" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_SUPPORT" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_SUPPORT" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" Name="LOC_UNIT_MOBILE_SAM_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_MOBILE_SAM_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PrereqTech="TECH_GUIDANCE_SYSTEMS" CanTargetAir="TRUE"/>
Unless the game actually ignores the setting for this specific unit and uses a hard-coded value of "1" (which I have no reason to believe is so) then using an Update to alter the Range value should work.
Code:
<GameInfo>
	<Units>
		<Update>
			<Where UnitType="UNIT_MOBILE_SAM" />
			<Set Range="2"/>
		</Update>
	</Units>
</GameInfo>
Direct code questions such as this are generally better asked in the Quick Modding Questions thread instead of here, so anyone will see it and you are more likely to get an answer faster : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-modding-questions-thread.637803/

Man... you're crazy!!! 6 months??? 6 months on every and each last 3 years!
The way you show how things work, makes modding civ very easy to understand.

Thank you very, very much my "new" friend.

Thank you very much, your guide have helped me to make needed changes to enjoy the game.

Had to say thank you @LeeS! I registered here just to say thank you for your Bible of modding and all the time and effort you put into it!

Quick Question while I'm here: Is it considered a bad thing to directly edit tables using SQLite?

Top Bottom