[Vanilla] Custom Civ Not Loading

Blooper

Chieftain
Hi everyone!

I am working off of a template on ModBuddy made by a Youtuber to try and make a custom civ. I have gotten it to the point where when I initially load the game, the civ appears on the Standard (but not Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm) ruleset with a broken logo and background, but correct main leader image. The traits appear to also be displaying correctly, but the game itself will not load. When I try to start a game, it loads for a little bit before saying "There was an error starting the game. We recommend disabling any mods and trying again. Error - One or more Mods failed to load content. I have disabled all mods, but then my civ disappears from the list entirely. I am not sure why this is, though I suspect it is due to a naming convention being incorrect somewhere. The log file is on a different hard drive from my main Civ 6 installion, and has no updates for the last several months (well before I started trying to make my own mod). Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction regarding a solution?

YouTube video I referenced:
Civ 6 How to make your own Leader and Civilization (With Template) - Josh Atkins

Attachments

• Imperium_Of_Man.rar
    17.2 MB · Views: 10
Hello,

First of all, that tutorial is a bit outdated. If you use the new template, you'll soon realize it's been changed a lot since then.

The thing is, there could be a million reasons why the mod doesn't load. Maybe because you changed something in the template that caused a conflict, or a syntax error, or an invalid name or any other kind of mismatch. I'm not sure about your log file, you should go to your AppData and check if the Modding.log and Lua.log file, you might be lucky and find your solution there. However, I'll peek at your attached .rar file, and reply tomorrow. Good luck!

Someone on a modding discord pointed me to a newer template using a template. It's not quite the same but it seems far more recently made / up to date. Thank you for confirming that the tutorial was the main issue! It should make moving forward much simpler.

Top Bottom