little help?

Mr Happy

Chieftain
Hi im an idiot. Can someone tell me how to play the gotm? I've downloaded and unzipped the file but i dont know how to play it. Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks for your time.

You put the .sav file, which is in the zip, into your Civ3 savegame folder which should be something like .../Games/Civ3/Saves. You can also use any other folder but this is the default Civ3 save folder. :p
Then you start Civilization 3, go to Load Game and load the save.
Now you can simply start playing, just like any other Civ3 game, but read the rules first and act accordingly, of course. That means no cheating, reloading or replaying and no reading of the Spoiler thread here without knowing most of the map. :scan:

Try to achieve a high score or finish the game quickly to place high in the ranking but most important of all, HAVE FUN! :yeah:

Note that you need the v1.17f patch (second version) to play this GOTM. The patch can be downloaded at http://www.civ3.com/patches.cfm .
:D

Thanks for the help, i've got the game running now and im not doing too badly but i've got 1 more question (please excuse my stupidity). Can you become head of the UN (diplomatic victory) if you have been involved in a war at some point in the game? What if someone else declares war on you? Thanks again.

No problem, have fun playing the game. ;)

Concerning your other questions:
1. Yes, you can become head of the UN anytime. It does NOT depend on any wars you waged. But you will need a majority of votes of the other civs. And to get these votes, these civs have to like you more than any other competitor. And waging wars damages your reputation with other civs. Read the manual about reputation and diplomacy to learn how to get those votes. :scan:

2. No.

Btw, these questions do not really belong in this forum, they should be asked in the Civ3 General or Civ3 Strategy & Tips fora.
And we also have an EDIT button in this forum. If you forgot something in your post and want to add it, like here asking another question, it is better (also in the forum rules!) to edit your own post than to make a new one.
Thank you!
:D

Don't excuse yourself for stupid questions, Mr Happy, cos they're not stupid. I encounter much more stupidity of other people submitting their GOTM. :satan:

E.g.: Finishing date: January 28th. :slay: (Instead of 1760 AD or something)

Top Bottom