norwalkvirus

Chieftain
I'd like to better understand how to read my logs. Ideally so that I could dig out what was causing crashes in my games. I don't need anyone to dig through my lengthy mod-list in its entirety or, even, any help with this specific crash. I'd just like to know what to look for that is causing the fatal CTDs. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CivVI Crash Logs.rar
    657.5 KB · Views: 52
CTDs are difficult to track. You won’t find in the logs anything about it because since the game’s just crashed it cannot output anything to the log, can it?
CTDs in Civ6 are also less common than in Civ5 because imo they changed how the data is stored internally and in save files. It’s more resiliant to missing objects or IDs, because i think they use Type Names internally. Plus the entire DB is full of constraint checks with auto-deletes.
Some warnings or errors in logs may point to a possible CTDs in a moment, but there’s no easy telling which ones if any.
From my experience the main reason for CTDs is when there’s something missing in DB and unfortunately it lacks constraint checks. This may happen with some tables that either a) are missing references and it is a bug b) are multivalue and this is by design. Main offenders are usually Modifiers, Requirements and their Arguments.
It may help a bit to enable Detailed Log for Game Effects subsystem. You need to set a parameter to 4, i think, in AppOptions.ini.

Top Bottom