Looking for some help on a mod

.:Set:.

Chieftain
Civilization 5 came out yesterday, so i think it's a great time to make a new mod. I very liked Civ 4 and i like Civ 5 even more. I'm really interested in Modding, so I decided to make an own mod. But I'm a really bad designer, and I don't know much about Python, so I hoped some guys could help me. About the mod:

I wanna make the game more realistic. Since Civ 4 it's more realistic, but i think there are many things to make it more realistic. I wanna enhance all eras, but with the focus in Modern/Future Era. Also I wanna make a better War-System. Of course this is better in Civ 5 too, but i found many thing on my first playing hours. Of course i have to play a bit more until I can start modding.

But such a Project needs much time, so i hope i find some guys who wanna help me. In first way I need some designers, for the models an buttons. So if you like to make create models and buttons, your the right for it. I also need some guys who can make Python-things. And of course some, who help me by make new Units/Buildings/etc. with XML. I wanna thank here everyone who wants to help me!

And a bit about me: My name's Roman, I'm 15 years old and i come from Switzerland. I'm a computer scientist in the first year of apprenticeship. I play Civilization since Civ 4. I was often in the Modding Forum, when i got a problem by making my Minimods. Since i play Civ, i got the dream of making a big mod, so i hope i can realize it with Civ 5.

Because I speak German, there'll be also some guys who wanna help on this mod who speak German, but that won't be a problem, 'cause we all speak a bit of Englisch.

Sorry, for my bad englisch, next time it'll be better ;)

Generally the people who have the skills to create elaborate mods will do so under their own direction. If you really want to get into CiV modding I suggest you begin with XML, if your already familiar with that then you have a good start. 2d art isn't too hard to create if you have the right tools and are good at searching the net. CiV doesn't use python anymore, its lua, but very similar I have read, actually more like Basic with all the if then else statements.

Good luck with your mods and welcome to the forums,

Shiggs

Yes, of course they want, but why we shuld make many little mods, if we can come together and make one great mod. I don't want to be the king or something in this project. It's just, we should come together and make a mod.

Yes, of course they want, but why we shuld make many little mods, if we can come together and make one great mod. I don't want to be the king or something in this project. It's just, we should come together and make a mod.

There are only a few large mods being designed currently which will start being released roughly by next summer. If you want to start your own large project, go with what Shiggs suggested and slowly build up, not all large mods came to be over night.

Top Bottom