• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Making Spain the new Roman Empire apparently isn't a good thing

Viceroyalty is effective the moment you acquire a vassal, and the stability bonus goes away when you switch away. Just like all the others...

Viceroyalty is effective the moment you acquire a vassal, and the stability bonus goes away when you switch away. Just like all the others...

If the bonus goes away, then why am I being told that the bonus is permanent for occupation and resettlement so long as I use them during the moment that I occupy or settle another city?

because occupation is one civic, and viceroyalty is another civic. 2 Different civics that act differently...

in details:

the bonus of Occupation is that while you run it, you get a +2 permanent stability bonus for every occupied city. This bonus goes away when you switch away from this civic, IE you won't get a +2 stability for the next city you occupy.
the bonus of Viceroyalty is that while you run it, you get a +4 temporary stability bonus for every vassal.

If you read the wiki about stability, then you should know that stability modifiers are of 2 kinds: permanent, and not permanent.

because occupation is one civic, and viceroyalty is another civic. 2 Different civics that act differently...

in details:

the bonus of Occupation is that while you run it, you get a +2 permanent stability bonus for every occupied city. This bonus goes away when you switch away from this civic, IE you won't get a +2 stability for the next city you occupy.
the bonus of Viceroyalty is that while you run it, you get a +4 temporary stability bonus for every vassal.

If you read the wiki about stability, then you should know that stability modifiers are of 2 kinds: permanent, and not permanent.

Oh, I see. Now I understand. I must look like an idiot at this point, but in my defense, I thought pacifist was referring to occupation and resettlement as being temporary as well when he or she said "like all the others."

nah you don't look like one. We all had to go through the stability wiki, believe me. And I think that AP was referring to "all other civics" that are not RFC specific ;)

Top Bottom