Manufactory + Promethean

soulthirst

Chieftain
Basically it's just spamming Manufactory in your city that has the Promethean wonder in it.

At earlier turns (before you have a Promethean), just spam farms to increase your pop, then just try to get the +2P for Manufactory virtue and Promethean asap, then start spaming manufactory.

Your city's gonna have so much production that buildings usually takes 1-2 turns to build, then just use the 25% of Production to Food to increase pop in that particular city or switch to science.

This works with academy spam since you can only use this in once city. And it also works well with harmony victory since you can build the mindflower in 4-5 turns.

Edit:
Not to mention, the gap between the production of your main cities and other cities will be so great that the trade routes will give the maximum production to your main city, further increasing its production.

It's a decent idea to get the Promethean in your main production city. That way you don't have to pre-build manufactories for your affinity wonder and can make use of the production a bit earlier. :)

The Manufactory unhealth is tile maintenance, so Promethean doesn't eliminate it.

You're sure it's not just that you have so many health bonuses that 30+ manufactories barely leave a mark?

Can test this but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

nimling always knows he's right, don't try to correct him.

Your city's gonna have so much production that buildings usually takes 1-2 turns to build, then just use the 25% of Production to Food to increase pop in that particular city or switch to science.

This works with academy spam since you can only use this in once city. And it also works well with harmony victory since you can build the mindflower in 4-5 turns.

Edit:
Not to mention, the gap between the production of your main cities and other cities will be so great that the trade routes will give the maximum production to your main city, further increasing its production.
Well, no, I think you're overrating the wonder by a lot. Tbh, the only real benefit you get from it is that your victory wonder will be built a few turns faster (2-3), because you don't drop into negative health once you've switched your academies to Manufactories.

Switching from Academies to Manufactories before you need them (for the Victory Wonder) is not a good thing, because you will lose the science output from academies without really getting anything in return - yes, you will probably manage to push out a few additional buildings, but you're already on your way to victory, so these buildings just don't have any time to pay for themselves.

The Wonder itself is also on a tech that leads to really nothing at the time you'd need to build it before the randomly finishes it.

Overall it's certainly a fun wonder, but just not something that contributes much for the victory.

now this is awesome. If I ever get the promethean, this is what I'll do.

I tried this the other day in an Apollo game with domination victory only and on a massive size map.

After Cognition I somewhat beelined Transgenetics to ensure I'd get a-hold of Promethean before an AI could build it. It ended up helping make my capital be a crazy production city and after getting all the factories down I made anything and everything not a wonder in 1-3 turns. It was great for eternally spamming 1 turn redeemers late game, which I phasal transported to the front line backing up my push across the map to various capitals.

However like Rykia said, I wouldn't recommend it if for a standard game since researching Transgenetics early instead of more useful things at that point plus replacing all those academies set me back a good bit in science. So as fun and cool as it is to do, it'd be more of a hindrance to try and set all of it up when going for a standard victory wonder-based win.

If you're going for a domination win and already ahead of the AI a good bit it might be worth considering though, since it offers very fast unit production when its all set up.

Well, no, I think you're overrating the wonder by a lot. Tbh, the only real benefit you get from it is that your victory wonder will be built a few turns faster (2-3), because you don't drop into negative health once you've switched your academies to Manufactories.

Switching from Academies to Manufactories before you need them (for the Victory Wonder) is not a good thing, because you will lose the science output from academies without really getting anything in return - yes, you will probably manage to push out a few additional buildings, but you're already on your way to victory, so these buildings just don't have any time to pay for themselves.

The Wonder itself is also on a tech that leads to really nothing at the time you'd need to build it before the randomly finishes it.

Overall it's certainly a fun wonder, but just not something that contributes much for the victory.

Yeah, thinking about it, I overrated it too much... I'm not an efficient player so I really did not 'feel' the difference. But I think everyone will agree that IT is a fun wonder to use (and abuse).

I've used a lighter version of this strat for an apollo victory before. As has been said, at the middle/late stages of the game its far better to have academies, but you can switch to manufactories right before your 13 affinity finishes. I had 8-10 workers in place idle as preparation. I'd estimate it knocks off around 7-8 turns of mind flower build time.

Top Bottom