[MAP] fictional Caribbean style scenario map for WTP mod

Caranorn

Chieftain
I just fooled around with worldbuilder and the scenario files a bit and made this map in a bit more than a day.

This uses We the People Mod.

It is a huge, fictional map similar to Earth's Caribbean.

It has a large number of islands, most with enough room for a well developed colony, some of the larger ones should fit 3-4 cities. Beyond the chain of island lies a double continent which has a relatively thin land bridge at its centre and larger landmasses to the north and south which are additionally broken up by a hard to cross mountain chain running North-South.

Five European powers can be played. England, France, Spain, Holland and Portugal. A large number of Indian Nations of varying power settle the continents and islands. No idea whether this would work as multiplayer.

The reason I designed this map is that the islands on the historic Caribbean maps mostly are to small to be worth settling. Random map generation on the other hand can at best create 3-4 mini continents. As I could not find the type of map I wanted to play I had to make my own and may add more later.

I have made no attempt at balancing this game, but so far it is playing well.

Attachments

• 001 fictional Carribean map.zip
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Sorry, did not see that small sentence at the end. :blush:
(I read stuff like this very fast and expect the mod to be told at the beginning.)

Yes, make it a bit clearer that this your map for WTP.
Because WTP maps do not work for other mods.)

Simply write that sentence as second sentence. :thumbsup:
(Not as last one.)

Sorry, did not see that small sentence at the end. :blush:
(I read stuff like this very fast and expect the mod to be told at the beginning.)

Yes, make it a bit clearer that this your map for WTP.
Because WTP maps do not work for other mods.)

Simply write that sentence as second sentence. :thumbsup:
(Not as last one.)

Done.

Before downloading the map, could you perhaps tell in short e.g. what the difference of your map is to the West Indies map that comes with WtP?

Why did you add the portuguese (who never had colonies in the Carribean) and left out the danish who actually had a colony there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_West_Indies

I actually never thought of the Danish presence in the area and used the Portuguese as I felt 4 Europeans would be to few.

For the other question, this is not a historic map. It is a fictional one with a large number of small and medium islands a distance offshore from a double continent (narrow in the middle and widening out to the North and South). One advantage to the historic maps is that for the first play with a country you won't know where you've landed and what to expect. Also small islands make valuable colonies with resources other than food from fishing. I will add a couple of screenshots.

Here are a few screenshots. The first two showing where I made landfall as the English. The second illustrating the (main) mountain range running through the continent and which can only be crossed at a number of passes. I haven't actually been across to the western side of the continent except for a short lived expedition by a native mercenary.

In the historic maps islands are to small for my taste and there are only a very small number worth settling. And randomly generated maps can at best form a few mini continents. mapscreenshot1.png mapscreenshot2.png mapscreenshot3.png mapscreenshot4.png

It is a fictional one ...
Not all maps need to be geographically correct. :)
And fictional maps may even be better for gameplay.

Please put it into your description though that it is "fictional" and not geographically correct. :thumbsup:
It will avoid any unnecessary discussions, since almost all maps publihsed are at least intended to be "historically correct".

Top Bottom