[Map Script] Full of resources

I add two buttons to all the maps :

- a button wich generate ressources by regions : to increase trading aspect of the game.
- a button to set a level of forest in the map.

I also make another resources generator than is more efficient (especially on hill or bad terrains) ,and adjust settings for the level of resources button

If there are no bugs on the maps ,it seems to be the last version of the maps.
I think there is nothing else to customize ... (I try to add unit but it is impossible without making a mod).

if you find bugs , have comments on the settings ... or have new ideas !?

have fun games !! TCHO !

All maps are in the first post of the thread.

I work on the next version of the maps :

I achieve to put units in the random map generator and work on adding barbarian cities !

but i don't know how to adjust settings ! you will have the choice of adding a worker , scout ....
So is there any ideas to help me ?

Hi Darkgreen ,i found a way to allow starting resources with standart generation .So wait until the next versoin of the maps !

Tcho!

A new version of Sto_Chess:

- 3 new buttons to add start units
- A button to add starting barbarian cities
- Changes on the start resources generator :
-more efficient
-allow to put start resources with standart generation resources​

If you have comments on the new settings before i apply the changes to all the maps ,reply me !

have fun games, tcho!

Sto_ChessV3 is in the first post of the thread!

I add 4 buttons to the maps :

-3 to edit start units: (worker, settler),(scout, explorer),(axeman, maceman, swordsman, knights)
-a button to add many starting barbarian cities !

i also change the start resources generator wich now allow to have starting resources with the standart generation of resources !

have fun games ,Tcho!

all files are in the first post of the thread !

I just test a multiplayer game with sto_chess ,and it doesn't work with the start unit, so i have to check that !

if you haved played a map in multiplayer game , tell me if you had problems !

I also will set the barbarian cities with a defender at the beginning of the game ,because they are too weak on start !

tcho!

I add a rempart and an archer defender to all the barbarian cities. waiting to have played more games or for your comments to make starting barbarians city challenging !

so i put a version of Sto_Chess with these settings in the first post of the thread !

multiplayer starting unit still not work ! and i continue to search the problem !!

have fun games ,tcho!

I fix the bug ! now you can add start unit in a multiplayer game .

I also increase the distance between 2 barbarian cities .

All changes are in Sto_Chess (in the first post of the thread !) .

If you have some comment on the settings, i wait to have played more games before applying these changes to the other maps.

hav fun games ! tcho !

I fix the bug ! now you can add start unit in a multiplayer game .

I also increase the distance between 2 barbarian cities and make AI Strongest with lots of barbarian cities.

have fun games ! tcho!

all maps in the first post of the thread .

playing direct connect with friend and load a game witjout AI....but with AI we get ''out of sinc''.....got any ideas why.....and thx a lot for the time u have put into this

hi madmike!
I don't really understand what you want to say (i'm always with an french/english dictionary in this forum). But we have the same problem when we play multiplayer .
Solution : the non-hosting players have to leave the game and reconnect before doing anything ( move scout or build first city) then there is no problem when we play !
( the same when we load a game )
One time we get 'out of sync' every turn but this was due to a bad install of civ4 with one of us .
I think i can't do anything for that because i forced a lot of function . The most important is that we can play and there is no problem of compatibility with civ4 (without making a MOD)

So ,have fun games . Tcho!

me and one friend can play the maps fine.....works great.........when we add computer players is when we get the "out of sinc "message.we get this message as soon as we go into game befor we move any units.We may try reloading Civ4 and try that.....Thanks a lot for a great program......i know it takes a lot of time

happy....happy.......your suggestion about the non host leaving game and then reconecting work......thanks thanks thanks.......going to play now

Thanks , I first do it for myself and my friends . And i enjoy if you like to play Sto_maps !
I work on Sto_chess for the moment and a new map .

Do you play Sto_chess ? if you play it , do you have some comments to make this map more challenging ?

Have fun games , Tcho !

Sto-chess is a great chalenge but i do not play that much single player.......play online with friends........your program made it a lot more fun......Viva La France

Great ! :)

have fun games ! (but Sto_chess is playable in multiplayer !? )

Tcho !

I don't know because i never try ,but i think this doesn't work with non standart generation resources . that's sure because the generation of resources don't seek for another resources than basics .And i can't generate a resource that i don't know where to place (even if my placement is very simple) .perhaps with standart generation it will work ?
this is the same if there are more than 18 civ ,i think this will don't work and perhaps also with unit (depend on the MOD) .
Sorry but i think i can't do anything for that because i don't play with MOD ,and i can't figure how to modify sto_maps to work with every mod .

Sorry , Tcho!

I think that the problem with start unit and multiplayer was resolved .But it seems not to be .One of us had a colon and a warrior less the other ,i don't understand why for the moment .if you encounter the same problem ,say it to me please (with the settings you used )

Thanks , tcho!

Problem solved! there is no problem !
this was due to a f... b.... friend that not used the last vesion ! :mad:
sorry tcho !

Top Bottom