[Map Script] Full of resources

Nice script Sto, thanks!

The new version works well with Warlords :) I guess I don't need to worry about the end of the Smart Map Script with this one!

Addition of Terra and Pangaea . And a little pop up to tell you what are your starting traits if you play with lots of them .

Tcho !

For fastWorker .Some players have still problems with warlords .this is a test file .

Edit :Sorry , i was so hurry that i post the same script as original ...:blush:

I get an unexpected BUG with different config of Civ ... checking that .

on the post above , there is a temporary version that should work ( exept with FFh2 )

I tried all 4 of them and they all work great. The resources, techs, people/workers/troops, barbs...everything. This is such an awesome mod as it can completely change the game and skew it in any direction you want.

BUG fixed . The method used to get the mod name is removed . All maps works well now !! :)

I will probably incorporate the method of SimCutie to get the mod name played but i does not understand all for the moment , and i'm not sure i can use it for map scripts .
I want to get the mod name of the script to automaticaly call a special implementation for the specific MOD . For the moment , the mod implementation can only be chosen manually while editing the script .

There is a special implementation for FFH2 coded into the script , made to prevent bugs or to equilibrate options : with aleatory traits ( Ex : you can't remove or add the sprawling trait . because that cause a bug), with aleatory resources ( only lanuns can get a pearl ) , with aleatory tech ( seafaring can't be removed from lanuns and can't be added for others ) . this method is easy to adapt for other MODS , do not hesitate to ask me to do it if you can't achieve to do it yourself ( there is notes at the beginning of the scripts ).

Tcho !

This should work with Visa, right?

[edit to add]: and do I have to be careful about old versions of these map scripts in Civ vanilla's PublicMaps? I noticed that before I extracted the new versions in the wrong place, but still tried to make a game and saw sto_archipelago and lakes, from the old version, so even though I was running Warlords at the time, the game must have also looked in the vanilla installation's PublicMaps folder.

This should work with Visa, right?

Sorry , i don't know Visa :blush: . If this is a MOD . If there is no special tech or no special trait , Yes . I mean special if removing or adding them cause a bug and need a special implementation for the script . I can do it if you request ... What's VISA :confused:

[edit to add]: and do I have to be careful about old versions of these map scripts in Civ vanilla's PublicMaps? I noticed that before I extracted the new versions in the wrong place, but still tried to make a game and saw sto_archipelago and lakes, from the old version, so even though I was running Warlords at the time, the game must have also looked in the vanilla installation's PublicMaps folder.

You should replace the scripts into both folder . the two last version are not safe . And the bug does not occure every time , that's always a mystery for me ... but i removed it .

Warlords looks at both folder , i think there is no problem if you have only the map script into Civ vanilla's PublicMaps . But i've not tested that ( i've just get warlords and still do not play with it . But , if i remember well , this should work )

Tcho !

I can confirm they work with Visa...

Cool , thanks ! What's visa ? :mischief:

Edit : i actually adapt custom_continents , hub , wheel and inland sea . the maps i like to play ... if you want the adaptation of another map , please ask ! for info , i will not do them if you don t ask for .

Visa is one of the best mods out there - it's kind of taken up the torch as Amra, Sevo and others have semi-retired. It's for Warlords only and has LOTS of changes and additions.

Find it HERE

Thx , i will try it :) . This will perhaps give me ideas .

Tcho !

Visa is ****ing massive. I'm just starting my first MP game in it now, but the AMOUNT of everything is mindbending. I played a quick one vs ai with pangaea and it seemed to work just fine :)

[edit] God I love the stars. Especially Capella.

[edit2] We were having some trouble in MP. Even though we BOTH had the newest versions of sto maps in both vanilla and warlord's publicmaps, my friend still had to "download map" from me, which took about 2 minutes. Any ideas?

[edit2] We were having some trouble in MP. Even though we BOTH had the newest versions of sto maps in both vanilla and warlord's publicmaps, my friend still had to "download map" from me, which took about 2 minutes. Any ideas?

I've made some tests with a little old PC than can tell me if there is an OSS problem . I get no map transfert and no OSS , for every test i've done .
Note that if the map script is transfered , there is an OOS problem . that's why the civ4 map transfer is imcompatible . (this is due to global function i use for the menu . but if i remove them , the script take too long time to appear when you select it ... about more than 4 mins )

So , i think this a problem of initialization .

you should try this : the easy way

1 _ Delete all Sto_scripts into both folder , and the transfered maps into C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My documents\My Games\civ4 or warlords\TransferredMaps

2 _ launch civ4 , go into single player menu , custom game , exit .

3 _ put the maps back into PublicMaps ( i always use the main directory folder , not those located into MyDocuments )

4 _ this should work .... i think .

or this :

1 _ edit "CivilizationIV.ini" located into the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\My documents\My Games\Warlords"

2 _ and set :

DisableFileCaching = 1 (default option i think)
DisableCaching = 1

or this :

1 _ go into the folder : "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\My Games\Warlords"

2 _ Delete the folder "cache"

The 3 way should give the same result , but the 3rd way is the best to test if there is a problem . ( you can do all 3 also )

I think this should solve the problem , tell me how that goes and if that still not work , reply me and i will try to found the problem . I will also make some little test now to see if there is no other problems .

Tcho!

I've just make a test and all work without problems . So i think this is a problem of file caching and the method described below should work . the method to clear the cache is fully described in the VISA thread also . putting disable file caching into both CIV4.ini ( the one for civ4 and the one for warlords ) is the better way to have never problems with file caching .

you should delete the cache of vanilla civ4 also located into the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\My Games\Civ4" because i don't know in wich cache the map scripts are located ... probably both

I have only one version of the script into the Civ4 publicmaps folder and not into the warlords one without problems -> only one copy of the scipts into civ4/PublicMaps is usefull .

Hope this will work without problems now . tell me how that goes .

Tcho !

I just started using your scripts with VISA and love them, however suddenly they won't add any units. the first couple of games i played they added units fine, but now it won't add any, any ideas what could be wrong?

Nevermind, I figured out what the problem was. I had changed a setting in the VISA ini file and it was causing some errors. Now that i changed it back everything works great. thanks for the great mapscript

Nevermind, I figured out what the problem was. I had changed a setting in the VISA ini file and it was causing some errors. Now that i changed it back everything works great. thanks for the great mapscript

I've just takink a look into the visa .ini file without going far ... i can't find what can cause a bug during the adding of elements ? can you tell what you've change and revert back please ?

I'm curious to see what cause this bug . Because anything that cause a bug into the adding of game elements cause the stop of it (ex : you have a bug because i remove a special tech that can be remove ... you will have no units too ->will be changed in the two next version and separated )

Thanks , Tcho !

Nb : To prevent the problem of file caching , i will include the version into the name of the script -> no more problem of file caching .

i put the unit allegiance chance at .5, which appears to be an invalid number, it must only take integers. when i switched it to 1 it works fine.

i put the unit allegiance chance at .5, which appears to be an invalid number, it must only take integers. when i switched it to 1 it works fine.

Thanks , i know now that has nothing with the script :)

Tcho!

Top Bottom