Mega City Tutorial (Playing Demo)

Hi,
Just wonder why you didn't build courthouse to get the "fat cross" instead of 3x3 tiles. Is their something I have missed about the numbers of citizens/workers and tiles. I assumed that if the population is around 9 it is time to build courthouse. How come the gold production is increasing then you decrease production of food, what are they doing in the city? :)

Edit:
I think I found the answer...

* Laborers (Pop 1-6): +1 production
* Vendors (Pop 7-12): +1 production, +1 trade
* Traders (Pop 13-18): +1 production, +2 trade
* Merchants (Pop 19-24): +1 production, +3 trade
* Importers (Pop 25-30): +1 production, +4 trade
* Exporters (Pop 31): +1 production, +5 trade

I have a problem. I was playing as the greeks in MP, and my capital was very handsome. It was surrounded by sea, probably 14 or 16/20 squares. I built the trade fair, markets, etc. and after i conquered the nearby mongols, i switched from my democracy to a republic. Athens was size 10. I started building settlers, and when the first got there, pressing join city made the settler disappear without adding a population to the city. So i thought, eh, I probably need an aquedect, so i search engineering. By now i have almost all 11 settlers in the city, iw as planning on settling them all then rushing the hanging gardens with by amazing gold. So i settle another after my aqueduct is finished. I switched out of republic and waited for the modern era. Still no go. I tried to resettle the settlers in their former cities, but tat didnt work either. Does anybody know why? Though when i got a free cruiser from being hte tech leader, those island cities were tasty... Also, 31 is the pop cap right?

I have a problem. I was playing as the greeks in MP, and my capital was very handsome. It was surrounded by sea, probably 14 or 16/20 squares. I built the trade fair, markets, etc. and after i conquered the nearby mongols, i switched from my democracy to a republic. Athens was size 10. I started building settlers, and when the first got there, pressing join city made the settler disappear without adding a population to the city. So i thought, eh, I probably need an aquedect, so i search engineering. By now i have almost all 11 settlers in the city, iw as planning on settling them all then rushing the hanging gardens with by amazing gold. So i settle another after my aqueduct is finished. I switched out of republic and waited for the modern era. Still no go. I tried to resettle the settlers in their former cities, but tat didnt work either. Does anybody know why? Though when i got a free cruiser from being hte tech leader, those island cities were tasty... Also, 31 is the pop cap right?

The first patch (1.10) took away the function of a settler adding one population, because the strategy was abused and gave a bad balance in the game. After this patch the settler only add 20 food each time you add it to a city.

The first patch (1.10) took away the function of a settler adding one population, because the strategy was abused and gave a bad balance in the game. After this patch the settler only add 20 food each time you add it to a city.

Hmm, just saw the full expanation, and DS has no patches. Does that mean it is +1 population still for the DS?

should work on the ds,,, but u don't need this strat to beat the ai,,,
but it is kinda fun to do...

should work on the ds,,, but u don't need this strat to beat the ai,,,
but it is kinda fun to do...

Yay, it works! I was producing like 5000 gold per turn :goodjob: Lots of Desert tiles, Egyptian, colosussus, trading posts, etc. In the end I rushed every single building in all 10 of my cities:)

I know there are many users asking about a mega city. Perfect timing, because I'm so bored right know that I recorded a quick demo, 10 parts playing the demo with Romans. I hope this will help specially all new players with not experience in Civilization games.

Mega city part 1
Mega city part 2
Mega city part 3
Mega city part 4
Mega city part 5
Mega city part 6
Mega city Part 7
Mega city Part 8
Mega city Part 9
Mega City Part 10 and Final

PD: I'll post the link of the rest of the videos as soon as I finish upload them.
PD2: If you already know about this, do not waste your time watching this :p, I did not try to win the game in any category, just show the idea of a mega city.

Hey - trying to watch these videos but they are marked private?

Top Bottom