Mind Stem and Mind Flower

Tyrnan

Chieftain
Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue finding the building Mind Stem. I have researched the tech and it has unlocked, but for some reason I am unable to find the building in my city menus. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It's not an affinity level issue, but thanks for the response. My affinity is over level 10.

Did you follow the victory path? Should be a few steps before building it. My first play through I got the tech to build my gate before I build my lasercom satellite.

the building is easily unlockable by the respective tech (Alien Ethics) and i think i did not even need any victory progress (i rushed the tech, because i wanted more culture). I never build it until i had my mind flower finished. At that time i had Xeno Preserves in every city (i had tons of xenomass lying around) and the Mind Flower showed 34 turns until victory.

Then it became strange. I had 40.000 energy lying around so i invested half of it to buy Mind stems in all of my 10 cities. And the Time to victory still remained at 34 turns. Its as if the mind stems where not doing anything, or you can use only mind stem or xeno preserve. I was able to build both though.

Strange, isn't it?

I noticed the same thing. I built the mind stems well before I built the flow and it didn't actually seem to lower the time required at all, at least I don't believe it did. I was at 25 turns until win the whole time and the turns just went down naturally. I wish the numbers were more available to us, because as of right now I can't tell if the stems actually do anything at all.

I thought you had to have an affinity of 13 to build the Mind Flower?

EDIT: Confirmed, Mind Flower requires level 13 Harmony and you have to be in the city screen when you build it (you can't build it from the main map production menu because you have to select a tile to build it on).

EDIT: Confirmed, Mind Flower requires level 13 Harmony and you have to be in the city screen when you build it (you can't build it from the main map production menu because you have to select a tile to build it on).

There go two hours of my life I'm not getting back. I had no idea it worked like this.

I won my last Quick game with the mindflower. I built Mind Stems and the Xeno Preserves in 7 cities before the mindflower completed.

When the mindflower completed, it only had 7 turns left before winning.

Both it and the purity victory seem pretty unfulfilling though - they could at least pop up a wonder screen on completion. As it is I didn't know anything at all about the mindflower until I went and read the civilopedia for it.

There go two hours of my life I'm not getting back. I had no idea it worked like this.

I hear you.

I spent 20 turns with my finished emancipation gate waiting for my earth cousins to come home....until I realized I had to manually call them through the gate:mischief:

I noticed the same thing. I built the mind stems well before I built the flow and it didn't actually seem to lower the time required at all, at least I don't believe it did. I was at 25 turns until win the whole time and the turns just went down naturally. I wish the numbers were more available to us, because as of right now I can't tell if the stems actually do anything at all.

As far as I can tell, every mind steam and xenosanctuary that is already built when the Mind Flower is done will reduce the number of turns needed by 1. I'm not sure if building them after the Mind Flower is done has any effect at all (I haven't seen one).

On Standard speed, the Mind Flower should take 30 turns. If you had 5 mind stems and and xenosanctuaries, then 25 turns is what it would start at.

Not sure if all of that is accurate but I've got a pretty good idea from checking out the game scripts, and my own experience matches.

Top Bottom