Minimap is gonna suck

Lenses does not affect the minimap. Here is an image with the political lense turned on, and as you can see the minimap has not changed. The minimap always has the political overlay.
Spoiler :

Thats a pitty, some of those lenses visible in the minimap could have been useful, like continents and religion lenses.

Thats a pitty, some of those lenses visible in the minimap could have been useful, like continents and religion lenses.

Yep, I think especially the religion lens. You'd be able to clearly see religion coverage of the world all at once. Otherwise, you'll be zooming out and scrolling all over.

Sea-tiles are colored the same as land, so any contours of landmass will eventually render the minimap useless. CIV5 had the same problem with the endgame replay - you would end up with a couple of big colored blobs. If you played an earth map, you wouldn't recognize the map in the replay. If this bleeds over to the minimap in CIV6, then it's basicly useless.

This how CIV5 does it:

This is what CIV6 might look like if nothing is changed:

Very attentive of you. Hopefully it doesn't end up like that! Although your examples certainly seems to suggest it.

I would like to have more information on minimap than just color of territory for sure :/ it's not even the most important information to see on the map, it doesn't look nice, and it does hide the rest of things like terrain features which is the number 1 thing I'd like to see along with military units positioning and perhaps some other important spots/features, like district spread, wonders, resources..

Gameplay looks perfect so far

hahahahahahahahahaha

Someone is going to be disappointed when the game is released

hahahahahahahahahaha

Someone is going to be disappointed when the game is released

What is perfect for me, isn't necessarily perfect for everyone. It looks like it's civ5 with every problem I had fixed - including unstacked cities and 64bit. So yes, the game looks perfect to me. I dont really care if they fix multiplayer, so either way that cant disappoint me.

Back on topic, the minimap isn't a dealbreaker. It is an eyesore that I am voicing my opinion about.

Top Bottom