Minor XML tweaks not showing up in game

AbuHab

Warlord
I'm running BTS 3.19 with BAT mod 4.1. I'm trying to make some minor changes to the main BTS CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file and the BAT Mod's CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file, but the changes aren't showing up in game.

All I'm doing is tweaking some <StateReligionCommerces> values in CIV4ReligionInfo.xml and some <CommerceModifiers> values in CIV4BuildingInfos.xml. I've done the same thing with the Realism Invictus mod, and it worked fine there.

Any suggestions?

Just to make sure we're talking about the same files, here are the full addresses of the files I modified:

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ReligionInfo.xml

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BAT Mod 4.1\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

First of all, you really shouldn't make changes in the original files like \Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ReligionInfo.xml. A better soultion would be to copy that file into your mod's directoy and apply your changes there.
Concering ypur problem: Try to hold the SHIFT-key while starting the game (until the main menu shows up). This will force a reload of the xml data instead of using the cached data. You can also set the corresponding value in the CivilizationIV.ini file in your Documents directory.

Top Bottom